Crossbreed Holsters  

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by papajoe, Oct 25, 2009.

1. papajoe

papajoe Guest

Aug 16, 2008
    I plan on buying a tuckable iwb holster, Has anyone Had any experience with either the mini-tuck or the micro-tuck holster from this company, or is there another tuckable holster that out there that any one would recommend.

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Re: Crossbreed Holsters  

Papajoe,

I have the Mini-tuck for my Walther PPS which has identical dimensions with the PF-9. It is a quality holster that I have honestly forgotten I was wearing on at least two occasions. :D The Mini-tuck is adjustable for height or for increasing or decreasing cant beyond the standard 15 degrees. The kydex is molded smooth on the inside so it doesn't harm the finish on your gun. I got mine in horsehide because I sweat profusely during the Summer months. The leather prevents contact with the slide of the gun and your body making it possible to wear it all day while offering easy access for drawing. I have actually worn it 20 hours before with no discomfort.

I use the standard clips because it is a more solid system than the other two available clips. The leather starts out flat with no contour. It took two days for the stiffer horsehide to mold to my body. The cowhide would mold to your body quicker but the horsehide is more moisture resistant and has a longer life than cowhide does. Lastly, you will want a good sturdy belt to support the holster and gun not a thin dress belt. I use a brown 5.11 belt and a black Triple K 1 1/2 inch ranger belt depending on what I'm wearing that day. Both belts are stiff and sturdy and make using this holster a treat.

Oh, BTW, Crossbread is an American company located here in Missouri. A lot of holsters on the market are imported from China including several high dollar brands. I prefer American Gun leather because of better quality and customer service. My wife actually ordered mine and she was very impressed with the person she placed the order with. They asked her a few questions to make certain she was ordering what I wanted. My wife isn't easily impressed and told me if the holster was as good as their profession attitude, I'd be crazy to order anything else in the future. (Yes, my wife is one-in-a-million. ;))

I plan to get me another one for my PF-9 once my wife finds a job. My wife just doesn't know that yet though. ::) Below are pics I took of my set up. I hope this helps you with your decision.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. papajoe

papajoe Guest

Aug 16, 2008

Thanks for your pictures and info,I'll probably order the the mini-tuck this week. Does it really take two to three weeks for delivery?

4. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008

Living here in Missouri I had it in about a week. When my wife ordered it for me, they told her that assembly day for that week on the Mini-tuck was Thursday or Friday. I had it by the middle of the next week if memory serves me. As I see it, two weeks for delivery is nothing in comparison to some holster makers who have a 6 month delay before shipping. All things being equal, I'll gladly wait two weeks for a custom, handmade holster.

5. ramrunnr

ramrunnr New Member

Oct 27, 2009

I have a Mini Tuck for my P-3at and I love it. You will not regret getting it. I am planning on ordering a Super Tuck for my next new gun once it comes in.