Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has KelTek ever solved the problem w/ the crossbolt / assembly pin, to keep it from backing out when fired? I bought a P3AT a couple years ago, and had a lot of problems w/ the pin working it's way out. I tried a few diff fixes and a few diff pins, but nothing seemed to solve it. It was just a bad design. I finally tossed it in the safe and pretty much forgot about it.
Has KelTek solved that problem?? Perhaps w/ a better pin, or a better design ?? ..........Thanx.......

·
Administrator
32,088 Posts
Yes, this is an issue that is rarely seen over the past few years, described here.
http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/assemblypin.htm

So long as your frame is not damaged from shooting with the pin not fully seated, a new assembly pin from KT should fix you up. Also make sure your grip is not bowed out in that area or no pin will ever stay in place.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sent my first gen because of this issue. They stamped a new gun and sent it back with updated parts and ive never had the problem since. This was in 04 I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys. But seems to me that the design is still a little "suspect". Why not just drill right on thru the far side of the frame, and put a bolt thru w/ a nut on the end?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts