Crossbolt Pin Problem

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Ak_Guy, May 7, 2010.

1. Ak_Guy

Ak_Guy New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Has KelTek ever solved the problem w/ the crossbolt / assembly pin, to keep it from backing out when fired? I bought a P3AT a couple years ago, and had a lot of problems w/ the pin working it's way out. I tried a few diff fixes and a few diff pins, but nothing seemed to solve it. It was just a bad design. I finally tossed it in the safe and pretty much forgot about it.
    Has KelTek solved that problem?? Perhaps w/ a better pin, or a better design ?? ..........Thanx.......

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, this is an issue that is rarely seen over the past few years, described here.
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/assemblypin.htm

So long as your frame is not damaged from shooting with the pin not fully seated, a new assembly pin from KT should fix you up. Also make sure your grip is not bowed out in that area or no pin will ever stay in place.

3. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    I sent my first gen because of this issue. They stamped a new gun and sent it back with updated parts and ive never had the problem since. This was in 04 I think.

4. Ak_Guy

Ak_Guy New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanx guys. But seems to me that the design is still a little "suspect". Why not just drill right on thru the far side of the frame, and put a bolt thru w/ a nut on the end?