Crimson Trace

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by keystoneman, Aug 25, 2009.

1. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Anybody have the CT grips on their P3AT? I have them on my Glock 19 and really like them. If someone has them on their P3AT I would be interested in some pictures, range reports, opinions ... etc.

If you don't have them but still have an opinion or suggestion throw it out there.

I know that practice makes perfect and you should never rely on just the laser alone, but IMO having the laser helps me get on target faster and stay on target better especially when shooting from awkward positions or in stressful situations.

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

3. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    This subject has been around a bunch, but you are relatively new, so to answer your question. Yes, I have CT lasers on my P3at, and P32, really like them, practicing with snap caps you can see what happens when you pull the trigger, (mine usually pulls lower left), you can get on target without bringing to aim position, main reason for mine is trifocals, if I sight at the target, the sights are blurry, if I look (head tilted back) at the sights, target is blurry, but with little red dot, no mistakeing aim point. Very hard to see in bright sunlight. My P3at is my carry piece, and it stays zero'd, so no problem there. If I were starting over knowing what I know now, Yes, I would have a CT laser.  Jim <><

[​IMG]

4. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Cool grips <>Jim. :cool:

I agree with the dry firing with snap caps thing. sound like a great idea.

BUT, I always felt like if I get in the situation to need to use my P3AT, or anyting, I will be close enough to point and shoot. Don't want to take the time to find that little dot and make sure it is on target. JMHO. :)
    I don't deride the people who use them. Used to discourage LEO's from using them "back in the day" just for that reason. But to each his own.
    I do not plan on taking my P3AT deer or squirrel hunting, so minute of angle accuracy is not an issue with me. :-X

5. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Thank you gentlemen. I am leaning toward them but am finding it hard to swallow $199 CT's for a $249 gun.

6. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Much like putting a $1500 scope on a $750 rifle. :-?
    May be just the thing to get you what you want out of it. :-*

7. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Dang you! That was a good analogy as I do have a rifle with a more expensive scope on it. Yeah my eyes are bad ...

8. D50boy

D50boy New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    I've got no complaints about mine!

9. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I have one on my P3AT. I love it. It makes it easier to shoot accurately! You don't need to use the sights and can get off quicker shots that hit the mark. You can say all you want about "the high dollar scope on cheap rifle" but my P3AT is MY self defense weapon. I didn't buy the P3AT because it was cheap. I want every edge that I can get if I need to use it. If something would come out that would make my weapon even more efficient and still be easy to carry every day, I would buy it. I can't put a price on the lives of my family and I. I have over $500 in my P3AT with accessories. That is still much less than I had planned to spend on a CC weapon.

Craig

10. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Well said. Would love to see a pic of your piece and some details on your mods.

11. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Ditto.
    I have one on one of my J Frames.

Learn to point and shoot properly .... then during practice you can use the dot to confirm you were on target after the pull..

Here's a site to practice your draw, accuracy  and shoot times .... your red dot will confirm your time and accuracy.  Scroll to the bottom of the page, under the red  print are timed target scenarios.

http://www.personaldefensetraining....mp;PHPSESSID=87a8d23b3b4a833f7377b2dc00e41b89

12. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    [​IMG]

Here is my P3AT. It is nothing fancy but functions great. The only mods or accessories are the CT laser, +1 mag extension, extra mag and GoldenLoki reliability prep. I also have IWB and pocket holsters.

13. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    $158.95 or you are paying too much.

Chuck and Diane at shooters resource ships them all day long at this price.

http://www.shooters-resource.com/KT/LG-430.html

I bought mine from Chuck.

14. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
  15. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    #1 on Chuck & Diane.

16. dacbeth

dacbeth New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    The Crimson Trace is a must enhancement to this already wonderful pocket pistol.

17. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    are the CT lasers any better or worse than the armalaser? Ive noticed both are very popular... they didnt have any of this when I bought my first KT.

18. dacbeth

dacbeth New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I can't speak to functionality but as far as looks, the Crimson Trace is my pick. Mine was right on out of the box.

19. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

I have an Armalaser on my P3AT and have handled a CT on others. I like mine but either seems just fine. Armalaser is a bit less expensive

20. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I have the big armalaser on mine and like it. The laser works well. The size of the laser may look bulky but aids in reducing printing in my front pants pocket using the Desantis Nemesis holster. This is because it makes the outline more square rather than "pistol looking". Don't get me wrong, I think the CT is a great system too. The Armalaser was also less expensive.

If I put one on my PF-9, I will go with the CT because I won't be carrying it in my pants pocket. (IWB)

Natchez also has good prices on both systems.