Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the CT grips on their P3AT? I have them on my Glock 19 and really like them. If someone has them on their P3AT I would be interested in some pictures, range reports, opinions ... etc.

If you don't have them but still have an opinion or suggestion throw it out there.

I know that practice makes perfect and you should never rely on just the laser alone, but IMO having the laser helps me get on target faster and stay on target better especially when shooting from awkward positions or in stressful situations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
This subject has been around a bunch, but you are relatively new, so to answer your question. Yes, I have CT lasers on my P3at, and P32, really like them, practicing with snap caps you can see what happens when you pull the trigger, (mine usually pulls lower left), you can get on target without bringing to aim position, main reason for mine is trifocals, if I sight at the target, the sights are blurry, if I look (head tilted back) at the sights, target is blurry, but with little red dot, no mistakeing aim point. Very hard to see in bright sunlight. My P3at is my carry piece, and it stays zero'd, so no problem there. If I were starting over knowing what I know now, Yes, I would have a CT laser.  Jim <><


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Cool grips <>Jim. :cool:

I agree with the dry firing with snap caps thing. sound like a great idea.

BUT, I always felt like if I get in the situation to need to use my P3AT, or anyting, I will be close enough to point and shoot. Don't want to take the time to find that little dot and make sure it is on target. JMHO. :)
I don't deride the people who use them. Used to discourage LEO's from using them "back in the day" just for that reason. But to each his own.
I do not plan on taking my P3AT deer or squirrel hunting, so minute of angle accuracy is not an issue with me. :-X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Much like putting a $1500 scope on a $750 rifle. :-?
May be just the thing to get you what you want out of it. :-*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vn6869 said:
Much like putting a $1500 scope on a $750 rifle.  :-?
May be just the thing to get you what you want out of it.  :-*
Dang you! That was a good analogy as I do have a rifle with a more expensive scope on it. Yeah my eyes are bad ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
I have one on my P3AT. I love it. It makes it easier to shoot accurately! You don't need to use the sights and can get off quicker shots that hit the mark. You can say all you want about "the high dollar scope on cheap rifle" but my P3AT is MY self defense weapon. I didn't buy the P3AT because it was cheap. I want every edge that I can get if I need to use it. If something would come out that would make my weapon even more efficient and still be easy to carry every day, I would buy it. I can't put a price on the lives of my family and I. I have over $500 in my P3AT with accessories. That is still much less than I had planned to spend on a CC weapon.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
abuck50 said:
I have one on my P3AT. I love it. It makes it easier to shoot accurately! You don't need to use the sights and can get off quicker shots that hit the mark. You can say all you want about "the high dollar scope on  cheap rifle" but my P3AT is MY self defense weapon. I didn't buy the P3AT because it was cheap. I want every edge that I can get if I need to use it. If something would come out that would make my weapon even more efficient and still be easy to carry every day, I would buy it. I can't put a price on the lives of my family and I. I have over $500 in my P3AT with accessories. That is still much less than I had planned to spend on a CC weapon.

Craig
Well said. Would love to see a pic of your piece and some details on your mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
vn6869 said:
Cool grips <>Jim.   :cool:
----------
BUT, I always felt like if I get in the situation to need to use my P3AT, or anyting, I will be close enough to point and shoot.  Don't want to take the time to find that little dot and make sure it is on target.  JMHO.  :)
----------  :-X
Ditto.
I have one on one of my J Frames.

Learn to point and shoot properly .... then during practice you can use the dot to confirm you were on target after the pull..

Here's a site to practice your draw, accuracy  and shoot times .... your red dot will confirm your time and accuracy.  Scroll to the bottom of the page, under the red  print are timed target scenarios.

http://www.personaldefensetraining....mp;PHPSESSID=87a8d23b3b4a833f7377b2dc00e41b89
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts


Here is my P3AT. It is nothing fancy but functions great. The only mods or accessories are the CT laser, +1 mag extension, extra mag and GoldenLoki reliability prep. I also have IWB and pocket holsters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
are the CT lasers any better or worse than the armalaser? Ive noticed both are very popular... they didnt have any of this when I bought my first KT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
WesKCMO said:
are the CT lasers any better or worse than the armalaser? Ive noticed both are very popular... they didnt have any of this when I bought my first KT.
I can't speak to functionality but as far as looks, the Crimson Trace is my pick. Mine was right on out of the box.
 
G

·
I have an Armalaser on my P3AT and have handled a CT on others. I like mine but either seems just fine. Armalaser is a bit less expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
I have the big armalaser on mine and like it. The laser works well. The size of the laser may look bulky but aids in reducing printing in my front pants pocket using the Desantis Nemesis holster. This is because it makes the outline more square rather than "pistol looking". Don't get me wrong, I think the CT is a great system too. The Armalaser was also less expensive.

If I put one on my PF-9, I will go with the CT because I won't be carrying it in my pants pocket. (IWB)

Natchez also has good prices on both systems.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top