Crimson Trace - P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dsw3131, Dec 15, 2008.

1. dsw3131

dsw3131 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Anyone have a Crimson Trace for their P3AT? What do you think? I'm thinking about taking the plunge but want to get some opinions first. Anyone know if the Smart Carry would still work with a Crimson Trace on? I figure it would, but I wanted to be sure.

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1207447169

P.S. A search works very well for topics like this, Google works if the built in search function is too clunky.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=+lg430+p3at+site%3Aktog.org&btnG=Search[/ame]

3. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Yes to both, I have a CT on my P3at, and one for the P32 (backordered), works well with smart carry, except when sitting. Prefer belly band for sitting or driving, also the CT comes with a Galco pocket holster, that will fit nicely in the watch pocket of Lee Riders, (watch pocket don't work on Levi, or Wrangler) for handy carry in any position. Of all the holster's in the drawer, the only ones I use are the Galco pocket holster and belly bands, but have used the smart carry, for when I'll be standing most of the time. I think they are somewhat unconfortable when sitting, and not convienient for drawing a weapon. Course the pocket holsters are hard to draw from a sitting position too. Sometimes carry the pocket holster in coat pocket, when driving. Jim <><

4. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I love my CT. I think that all P3AT's should have them. Have no experience with the smart carry.

5. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I'm glad they don't come equipped with them.  I wouldn't have bought my P3AT if I didn't have the choice for no laser.  Some people like 'em, some don't.

6. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I'm glad they don't come equipped with them.  I wouldn't have bought my P3AT if I didn't have the choice for no laser.  Some people like 'em, some don't.[/quote]
    It is an excellent range toy. I don't have any real life experience with its usefulness as a defensive tool and I hope I never find out.

The P3AT is the only gun I'll ever put a laser on and the only reason I did that is because the sights suck.

7. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I just picked up my P3AT late last week, and after reading countless reviews and forum feedback I placed an order Friday evening with opticsplanet.net for the LG-430 w/ Galco holster. The total came out to $161.xx shipped using a 5% off coupon. It appears that the order shipped this afternoon and should arrive on Thursday.  :cool:

8. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Good price device. You'll be happy, the CT goes on easy and was very accurate outta the box for me.
    note : if you have a hogue grip don't remove it prior, just put the CT up to it.

9. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Opticsplanet had a superb reseller ratings and the price was right. I came across a few negative posts about them, but in the end it's hard to please everyone, and just about all companies make mistakes. I'm really looking forward to qualifying for my CHL with the P3, and I have a feeling that the CT will become an asset at the 15 yd. mark.