Crimson Trace:  New model with master switch?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by SKILCZ, Nov 16, 2009.

1. SKILCZ

SKILCZ New Member

May 11, 2007
    I know a lot of ppl want CT to put out a new lasergrip for the P3AT that has a master on/off switch b/c the pressure switch is too sensitive & drains the batteries. Does anyone know if/when this might happen? I want a laser for my P3AT. I've read mixed reviews about ArmaLaser.

Anyone own or used both CT & Armalaser? Thoughts?

2. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Re: Crimson Trace:  New model with master switch?

I have an Armalaser on my P40, and a Crimson Trace on my P3AT.  I much prefer the looks and ease of installation of the CT, but don't like the lack of an on-off switch.  I have found the grip switch to be depressed when carrying.  Both units perform equally well, but I do fear premature battery death with the present system on the CT.

3. DaveTec

DaveTec New Member

Oct 16, 2009

Had a armalaser, it died after the first shot. (dont know why) The LGS swapped it out for the CT and I love it. I have CT's on all my pistols. Get the right holster and it wont get turned on accidentally.

4. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

I carry with this holster and seem to have no problems with inadvertent activation. A function check every week or so shows the CT laser still shining bright.

5. SKILCZ

SKILCZ New Member

May 11, 2007

I, too, have that holster, but the non-Armalaser version. I assume I'd need a new one (the Armalaser version) if I added CT laser grips.

Any word on whether CT will put out laser grips with a master on/off switch?

6. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009

The pic of the holster shows the spare mag right on the switch. Not much of a solution as far as I can tell.

7. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

Actually, no, the regular version works fine with the CT grips. It's what I use.

That's a medium size pictured with a Bersa Thunder 380 of some sort in it. The small size intended for KTs has the spare mag at an angle. Even with the finger extension on, it is not close to hitting the CT laser grip button.

8. RichieD

RichieD New Member

Nov 23, 2009

I purchased a LG-430 Crimson Trace for my P3AT for only $163 on eBay, with free shipping and no sales tax because I was buying out of state. MSRP is $209 and my local gunshop, Arizona Shooting Range in Fort Lauderdale is charging $290! (But he will install it for you, what a nice guy....) It works great with the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster (19.99) and I also have a Federal Holsterworks OWB belt holster (on eBay) that is excellent, and also holds an extra mag. in the front. Cabellas.com sells a similar one for $15.(Soft Armor Compak™ Spring Clip Ambidextrous Holster Item:UK-230057) The Armalaser will cause even more problems buying a holster than the CT did. And by the way a paddle holster is out of the question with either laser sight.