crimson trace laser or arma laser?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by hemmigremmie, Nov 8, 2008.

1. hemmigremmie

hemmigremmie New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Howdy.
    New to this group, but not to shooting firearms. Im buying a Kel Tec P3AT(Well g/f is 4 CHRISTmas) and I was wondering between the two lasers, which is preferred n why? Tnx 4 the info. HG ;)

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    LOTS of threads and info on this.

Use:

[​IMG]

and search for "ctc" and "armalaser"

Good luck and welcome!

-Scott

3. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Put the Armalaser on my P3. SWEET!. Their customer service is awesome. Liked it so much that I put an Armalaser RSS on my PF-9. Try it, you'll like it. Right now the Armalaser for the P3AT is $125 including shipping and a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Can't beat the price, or the laser.

4. hemmigremmie

hemmigremmie New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Thanks 4 the info. Found it for 119.00 right now. Hg ;D

5. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I went with the Armalaser because I didn't like the idea of a switch I needed to hold. Very happy so far. Much more accurate now. I can realy see how my hand shakes now.

6. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    I also have armalaser , like it alot.

7. I know I am not the only CTC fan here.

I love mine....the switch is not a problem for me. It is a very slight bump on the grip.

8. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I love my Crimson Trace also. The laser is a great addition to the p3at!

9. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Shot my PF-9 with my new Armalaser RSS today. Dry sighted it last night, and it was right on today. Showed me every mistake I was making. I tried another fella's CT on his P3 at the range a while back. For ME, it was uncomfortable to have that button on the small grip. Others don't have a problem. I didn't know if I would experience the same with the CT on my PF, so I got the RSS. LOVE IT! They are both good products though.

hemmigremmie, The  $119 you saw for the Armalaser is before shipping. $125 with shipping.

FYI, Armalaser is going to introduce a new RSS for the P3AT at the big gun expo early next year.

10. hemmigremmie

hemmigremmie New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Thanks 4 the info. Whats different with the new laser your talking about? HG

11. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    The current laser for the P3, is activated when you put your finger inside the trigger guard. (The electricity in your body ativates it) It stays on for 12 seconds or 24 seconds if your finger stays near the sensor. It's easy though, to keep it on continually by slightly moving finger back towards the trigger for 2 seconds and then moving it back up while the beam is activated. 2 minutes of practice, and it becomes second nature.

The RSS is a bit smaller, and the sensors are located on the side of the laser so you can activate it without putting your finger in the trigger guard. It stays on continually for 3 minutes, but you can turn it off by touching the sensor again. It has the option of a continual beam or a pulsing beam. I really like it. If you have the older style, and want the RSS, Rick at Armalaser will allow you to "trade in" the old one, and for a small fee he will send the RSS. Another nice thing that he does is allow you to switch housings on your Armalaser. Let's say you have your Armaler on a P3AT, and buy a PF-9 that you would rather have the laser on. Send the P3 laser in with $29.95, and he'll put the guts of your laser in a PF housing. Doesn't have to be KT's. If you have a PF-9, and trade it in for a Glock, (why would you do that though?) Send the laser in, and he'll put the laser guts in a Glock housing. Great customer service too.

Go to armalaser.com and you can see what I'm talking about.

12. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    This is not correct, or at least not totally.  I used to, incorrectly, think that as well.

It is activated when you place your right hand finger through the trigger guard OR with your left hand thumb in a modified weaver hold.  Here is how it is designed to be held (which also btw makes limp wristing almost impossible):
    [​IMG]

-Scott

13. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Bottom line is that when you touch the sensor with your finger, thumb, or toe it activates the laser. I happen to shoot my P3 one handed. But you are correct sir, The left thumb is an option. (Or your right thumb if you are left handed.) The RSS has sensors on both sides of the laser to accomodate left or right handed shooters.

[​IMG]

The silver area is the sensor

14. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I must have been out walking the dog to find this so late.

My 2 cents is the CTC. I'm working on 600+ rounds thru my P3 and the CTC has been there for everyone. My opinion (with due respect to our sponsor)
    better package including the infamous button. I like pushing buttons, some of you realize that already.
    As mentioned check out the past threads.

If anyone would like to discuss this off thread, drop me an e-mail.
    Norton

15. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Have had the Crimson Trace laser for about two months and love it. I ordered it from Shooter's Resource and highly recommend them for their service and speed in shipping as well as price. On my first trip to the range I was very impressed with the accuracy and how much it improved my shooting. I'm sure you would benefit from either unit though.

16. hemmigremmie

hemmigremmie New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Thanks 4 the info. You guys are way nicer than the accessories section people. HG ;)

17. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Well if the Moderators would let me out of the Accessories section once in awhile I wouldn't be such a meanie! lol ::)

18. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    It only seems that way because you don't know us yet. ;)

BTW, I have the CTC. I prefer a laser that is on when I grip the gun, not something I have to think about turning on or worry about turning off unintentionally, if my grip is tight the laser is on. I also like the slimmer profile of the CTC. I haven't tried the armalaser so I don't know how easy it is to turn on and off, it may even work better than the CTC.

Either way, both are fine pieces of equipment. If you have the opportunity to try both before you buy you probably won't even need our opinions.

19. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    I bought the Crimson Tracer Laser because it looked somewhat smaller and because it was very easy to install.

Last night I decided to test the red dot to see how well I could see it at a distant. Very impressive!

I scared the hell out of my neighbors at a range of 200 feet! What fun!! :cool: ::) ;D

[​IMG]

Old Bill

20. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    That is a a VERY beautiful weapon.

I am quite concerned with this. Maybe there is some way to take this that I don't understand, but I take it as you were pointing your weapon at somewhere/someone in an unsafe manner, or at least at something you did not intend to kill... Not generally a very good idea.

-Scott