Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mounted a Crimson Trace on my P3AT. Followed all directions and it seems to be mounted correctly. Problem is two fold. Where the two pieces come together on either side of the laser bulb, there is a gap. Screws seem snug and did not want to continue tightening and strip threads. Also dot is a small round dot when shined on white wall at two feet but it is sort of hazy and less distinct at 6-8 ft. Woman at CT says gap is normal and that bulb may need cleaning, which I have not yet done . Any thoughts, particularly on the gap?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the advice. I will go back and futz with mine again. Not happy that the lady at CT told me the gap was normal. For those who have no gap. How tight did you turn the screws. I can't tell if they are screwing into plastic or if there is a metal sleeve. I'm scared of stripping them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it apart an started over from scratch. Had similar results at first until I discovered that results vary depending on which screw you insert first. Inserting the top screw first eliminates the gap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts