Crazy to trade a Taurus .45 for a P3AT?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by vwspdshp, Aug 17, 2008.

1. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    I recently went to Cabela's to pick up a P3AT, but ended up going home with a Taurus Millenium Pro 45 with the Dou Tone Stainless slide. The Taurus is great, and I felt like it was the perfect choice... Until I walked into the local gun shop last week and spotted a brand new P3AT in Hard Chrome/Navy! Am I crazy to trade in the 45 for the 380? My wife thinks I'm nuts! :-?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Figure out how to anty up and buy the P3AT. But don't sell/trade the .45. You will loose your shirt and prove you have lost your mid.

-Scott

3. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Yeah, That's kind of what I'm thinking too. That Chrome/Navy combo is very tempting!

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    yea....that would be crazy...

think about it, you can walk into the gun shop, let the wife see you talking, slip him a credit card, slip the P3AT in your pocket and she will never know ;)

And since she knows you have the P32, if she sees the P3AT, just tell her it must be the light making it look differnt ;D ;D

Now if you must give the Tarus away....are you in NC?

5. shep854

shep854 Active Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    How 'bout trading for a (well-)proven-reliable ;) P11? I know this is heresy in KTOG, but hey, I'm helping a friend in need! :cool:

6. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Navy/Hard Chrome? May be the deal breaker! ::)

7. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    You need them both. Don't fight it, just buy it.

8. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Yes, I know that! . . .but my wife doesn't feel that way. I'm too low on spending money so it came down to asking her for some of "our" money. You should have seen the look on her face! BTW her birthday's coming up next month, so she's concerned I'm forgetting that. But I've already taken good care of that. . . and now I can't afford a new gun. :-X

I guess it's more important to keep her happy. I'll always have a "new gun" to lust over even if I miss out on this one! ::)

9. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Be creative, ... use the "it's an investment" angle.

Like buying a CD or Savings Bond.

"I'm just investing a little money in our future, these things will go up in value very quickly"

Always worked for me.

;)

10. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    just save up for it... drewling over a gun for some time just makes it so much better when you finally get to buy it. if worst come to worst *sell* your taurus - you should be able to get $500 for it and buy the p3at for $270 or whatever they're asking. makes no sense to basically give the gunshop a $230 value for nothing.

11. Devildog341

Devildog341 New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Yes, I know that! . . .but my wife doesn't feel that way. I'm too low on spending money so it came down to asking her for some of "our" money. You should have seen the look on her face! BTW her birthday's coming up next month, so she's concerned I'm forgetting that. But I've already taken good care of that. . . and now I can't afford a new gun. :-X

I guess it's more important to keep her happy. I'll always have a "new gun" to lust over even if I miss out on this one! ::) [/quote]
    You could have bought her the P3AT for her birthday and just "borrowed" it.

12. shep854

shep854 Active Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Navy/Hard Chrome? May be the deal breaker! ::)[/quote]

Parked! All-time classic finish!!! ;D

13. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    If you get a chance to do the "trade" - tell her the Taurus somehow ended up in the wash and "shrunk"........................ ;)

wyo-man

14. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    That's hilarious! ;D

I've found a way to get the money by Wednesday, so as long as it doesn't sell before then I'll be able to get it and keep the Taurus. BTW I only paid $370 for the Taurus, and the dealer said he'd throw in a little ammo to help bridge the gap. The P3 is right under $300. So, the trade wouldn't have been to bad, but it'll be nice to have both!

15. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Will they hold it for you if you put down a deposit?

16. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Not sure, but since I should have the money by Wednesday it shouldn't be a problem... I hope...

I think I'll be ok, he told me today that it's been there for a few weeks, and everybody that looks at it puts their name on the LCP waiting list! The LCP has done wonders for my Kel Tec ownership, the 1st Gen P32 I just bought was from a guy "trading up" to the LCP! :-?

17. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    doh... i didnt read your first post right, just saw "taurus", 45 and stainless, and incorrectly thought you had bought a stainless pt-1911. those millenium-pro must go for a less :)

18. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I'm using this excuse with the wife too. September is property tax/tags for our vehicles...October is AR15 for the safe. I convinced her I could sell it for a lot more if there was another assault weapons ban.

19. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    I'm using this excuse with the wife too.  September is property tax/tags for our vehicles...October is AR15 for the safe.  I convinced her I could sell it for a lot more if there was another assault weapons ban.
    [/quote]

There you go!

Just be careful and don't visit that well too often.

20. shep854

shep854 Active Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Just be ready with a convincing explanation when she asks you if it's time to cash out your "investment." :-/