Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of my positive vibes finally took a dump on me. i went to the range to test out my p11 trigger work and decided to blast away with the pf9 since i carry it every day i like to shoot it often. well it was having FTE issues again:mad: and i was just going to go home and double up the spring. i had torn it down for a second at the range and it has been having slide frame issues. it has been really hard to slide the slide off of the frame and every time i take it to the range it has been getting a little more friction. i keep looking at the distance between the rails on the slide to see if drop[ping it on the bathroom floor has dented it. the rails on the slide look bone straight. but tonight when i got home there was something else wrong. there is a huge chunk missing out of the frame where the assembly pin goes in. the other side is cracked from the top to the pin hole. i was wondering if there is any threads about this already since i recall it happening to someone else but i couldnt find it on the search pattern.
so far about a 1100 rounds mostly 115gr. federal fmj and an assortment of other stuff very randomly like zombie killers, remington 115 jhp, s&b 115 fmj, and about 15 rnds of pdx 124 jhp any feed back would be helpful

Attachments

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Did you check weak frame?
Have you had any instances of your assembly pin backing out?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the pin usually stayed in except the one time it broke off at the head. its just been through the usual FTE, FTF, and nose dives in the mag and the action. i just wanted it to work so i kind of ignored it since it would only happen after about 50 rnds

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow i just read the weak frame postings. that sounds like it exactly except im missing 7x4mm chunk out of one side and the other side is cracked but not all of the way through

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i finally sent the PF9 in. lets see how long it takes. i wonder what they will do. i wonder if they will just replace my frame and give me back my slide barrel and grip or will they give me a whole new one. i bought a new holster for my Springfield XD9 and have taken to carrying it instead of the P11. it rides nice and i feel much safer since im in Detroit and it is reasonable that i might have to shoot more than 8 rounds + 7 more. in the XD its 18+1 + 16 of 147gr. golddots enough to quell even the most vicious gang of zombies. will get back on length of time 6-8 weeks seems long but hey i know there a small operation

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got my pf9 back after 7 weeks. new frame, slide same grip, barrel. it looks practically brand new. they actually gave me a nice slide. that first one i had was pitted and i did the $5 paint job to it and although it turned out nice i kinda like having a all black gun again. now ill just have to take it to the range and see if there are any problems feeding and extracting.

the sad part is that i have currently got used to carrying my XD9 4' and ill probably use my pf9 as a pocket carry bug and in the car gun and move the p11 back to in house duty since i never liked the trigger

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went to the range and not a single hiccup. was even pretty accurate at 9 yards. maybe 6' pattern. just did the standard fluff and buff around the rails and the slide barrel interface and the hammer slide interface. the barrel was already mirror polished before it left. trigger even feels better but i think thats just because i had the P11 out to.

i finally feel comfortable about putting a northwoods trigger on. i live in Detroit so i might try to just drive out to Brighton its about 45 min away, and see whats going on oput there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts