Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for 7 months, I hated my CP33. I had a Farrowtech brace on it and M*Carbo accessories but I could never get it to feed reliably through a magazine. I tried everything. Polish feed ramps, new M*Carbo mag release, extra cleaning, and lube, I tried all kinds of different ammo, standard velocity, high velocity but mostly Winchester white box because I had thousands of rounds stored up. Well, then something happens...

I finally got my dedicated form1 suppressor approved and popped it on there and tried out some sub-sonic 22LR. All of a sudden it worked. Mag after mag. So I thought more about what was going on. Yes, extra back pressure was helping cycle the slide a little harder but my issues were rounds always nose-dived in the mag. Not the gun malfunctioning, barring some oddball crap 22 get bent or something. All 22LR will have issues sometimes, it's cheap. Even with my dead reliable customn10/22, that's like 1 malfunction every couple of thousands of rounds of the cheap white box.

So what was causing the issue? I dug deeper. I noticed the OAL of subsonic usually was longer. I measured and sure enough .997 to 1". Well then I started messing with the gun with the suppressor off and on and with OAL's. If the round was .996" and above it would not nose dive, regardless if the suppressor is on or off. I have now gone through thousands of rounds of the cheap, expensive, bulk, match, anything you can think of but with a longer OAL. All now work perfectly. I think the nose dives are all about OAL. Nothing else solved the issues and just going to a longer OAL solved it. I also thought the brace maybe was causing issues but no it seems to be solved now.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Overall Length. If you have a caliper it's really easy to check.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
So what was causing the issue? I dug deeper. I noticed the OAL of subsonic usually was longer. I measured and sure enough .997 to 1". Well then I started messing with the gun with the suppressor off and on and with OAL's. If the round was .996" and above it would not nose dive, regardless if the suppressor is on or off. I have now gone through thousands of rounds of the cheap, expensive, bulk, match, anything you can think of but with a longer OAL. All now work perfectly. I think the nose dives are all about OAL. Nothing else solved the issues and just going to a longer OAL solved it. I also thought the brace maybe was causing issues but no it seems to be solved now.
Makes sense and it's great you solved the problem. I've only used 40g round nose Mini-Mags and they have been 100%, just checked and they measure .98 OAL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts