Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Do you have issues loading your CP33 magazines properly?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
The American Nest Speed Loader works very well for me. If you feel any stiffness in loading with the American loader, stop and look at the rounds. You may have to unload 3 to five rounds to get it loading with no to very little resistance. I THINK that I am having trouble with the first round not feeding correctly when I am shooting CCI Mini Mag CWHP rounds. But not with Federal LNRP standard velocity ammo.??????? I have not taken time to verify the trouble. It seems to be getting better with more rounds through the gun. Using the loader I no longer get Failure To Feed in the middle of the mag. I only have about 250 rounds through the gun. Most of that was my grandsons on Christmas Day. I was busy loading mags for them and not paying attention to the failures. Everybody loved to shoot it. :):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steve

Reactions: juliang
Keep checking on Amazon for the speedloader. These are 3d printed and made in fairly small batches. They were out of stock the first few times I shopped for them. But on the third or fourth time, they were in stock.

buzzsaw

You were right. It there today ordered 2 of them. I took gun back to the gun store where I purchased it. They just called said they got it fixed. Something about spring in magazine? Anyways, I love the gun just hate having heckups. What do you guys use to clean you cp33? Since solvent cleaner is a no-no?

What do you guys use to clean you cp33? Since solvent cleaner is a no-no?
Hot soapy water and hot water rinse for the magazines, although I'm going to try a detergent solution in the ultrasonic cleaner. For the CP33 itself I use BoreTech Rimfire Blend for the bore and Remoil as a mild cleaner, lubricant and corrosion prevention on everything else. It leaves a dry Teflon film that doesn't attract grit. Blow back operated guns run dirty. If the slide didn't function very slick and easy, I'd put a drop of synthetic gun oil on just the rails. I'm currently using Gun Butter but there are several good ones. A lightweight synthetic motor oil would probably work well at 1000th the price. Remoil is a bit lightweight for metal-to-metal wear points that need a persistent film of oil.

Reactions: tzcomp
I bought this gun thinking it would be a awesome backpack pistol, could hunt with it and defense if needed. I will say it is very accurate when it cycles right. But magazines, BOTH of them, won't run right. On any type ammo at all period. I've put about $100 in ammo through it. It's ran through 2 magazines without jam, now the magazines are nothing but jam jam jam. The shells won't push up and feed right at all. I'm calling KelTec soon, but this one is probably selling ASAP. I'll but another SW22. About 2000 rounds through it and not one single jam at all. Have been a few apparent soft strikes but no FTF or jams. I really wanted to love the CP33

Anybody else had issues getting the mag loaded properly? Sometimes I load it up and it's flawless. But maybe 1 in 4 or 5 times "something happens" and I'll notice it gets slightly harder to load the rounds, and there is no looking back from there--nothing will feed right, and the only thing to do is unload the magazine.

I think I see that it's loaded properly (see video below) but clearly I am doing something wrong and I can't figure out what. I contacted KT about it but frankly they were useless, sending me form emails and not paying attention to what I sent them. Any input would be appreciated!

(secondary note, anybody found a good way to unload this sucker? Honestly I'd be thrilled if they came out with a 10 round mag with a nice button to pull down the follower like all other .22 target pistol mags. The gun is good enough for that (and this is coming from a High Standard fiend).

I bought the speedloader, otherwise I could not get it to load by hand. It made a world of difference. I loaded all 33 in 1 minute! I'd suggest buying the loader and saving your sanity.

At first I loaded the mags by hand but one must be meticulous when doing that. Frankly I don't think most folks know what attention to detail means and they have problems. I did too before I realized just how critical the loading procedure is. Then I bought the NEST loader and it became extremely easy to load mags.

Other issues... not all .22s like all ammo. The CP33 is no different. I've fired LOTS of Federal semi-auto .22 with no problems. Other brands I've had problems with. The key here is to use what the gun likes and not what I wish it liked.

One other issue I found very early on was to not settlee the rounds to the back of the mag by tapping it on something as I would with an ar15 or M16 mag. That takes a mag with no rimlock and guarantees that some rimlock has been produced.

No problems here, using the American Nest loader and I only run CCI round nose copper washed loads or their ‘AR tactical’ loads.
I’ve also been loading PMR/CMR mags for a while so I’ve had practice, again with a Nest loader. But never had a jam or malfunction in my CP33.

Anybody else had issues getting the mag loaded properly? Sometimes I load it up and it's flawless. But maybe 1 in 4 or 5 times "something happens" and I'll notice it gets slightly harder to load the rounds, and there is no looking back from there--nothing will feed right, and the only thing to do is unload the magazine.

I think I see that it's loaded properly (see video below) but clearly I am doing something wrong and I can't figure out what. I contacted KT about it but frankly they were useless, sending me form emails and not paying attention to what I sent them. Any input would be appreciated!

(secondary note, anybody found a good way to unload this sucker? Honestly I'd be thrilled if they came out with a 10 round mag with a nice button to pull down the follower like all other .22 target pistol mags. The gun is good enough for that (and this is coming from a High Standard fiend).

I was having a similar problem. I don't know if this applies directly to you but maybe it'll help someone. I found that my issue was that I hadn't put the magazine back together properly after cleaning it. The "guide rod", for lack of a better term, needs to go through the hole in the feed ramp. It's easy to mess up so just keep an eye on it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.