Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , just wanted to share my creation. It took many tries to get the fit just right. 馃憣

For a video of how it functions, go on my Instagram @ottermanoutdoors or go to ottermanoutdoors.com to go to my eBay store.

Registered
That looks like it's part of the gun. Well done! I like the looks of the oversize thread protector too. I didn't see it on your website though.

Registered
That would be perfect if kel tec every put out a rifle version.

Great work ! It does look OEM and great idea!

Registered
As much as I like the farrow tech idea I would prefer it to have metal rods and connection points for a more solid lock up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
As much as I like the farrow tech idea I would prefer it to have metal rods and connection points for a more solid lock up.
I'm not 100% satisfied with the Farrowtech brace. It's a little more wobbly than I would like. I get that they were trying to keep in minimal, but if the block that attached to the pistil had wrapped the bottom of the frame, it would take a huge amount of the wobble out, even with it being all plastic and carbon. Also, where the rods slide through the block has a little more slack than it needs, which leads to wobble. It needs either larger diameter rods, or smaller holes. Also the latch is a little sticky, sometimes if I pull the brace out too fast it comes completely off, the latch doesn't catch it fast enough.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like it's part of the gun. Well done! I like the looks of the oversize thread protector too. I didn't see it on your website though.
Thanks.
Thanks! The oversized thread protector is actually borrowed from my Ruger 22/45 Lite. I put it on there and liked the way it looks.

Registered
That looks really good! Was thinking about just a hand stop but you really made it look almost OEM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts