Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Best rounds i have found are thunderbolt and federal automatch. The manual says use 40 grain high velocity rounds. Usually hp bullets and ones where the bullet spins around in case cause problems. I find the round nose bullets work the best. You can sometimes get away with lower grain bullets but for maximum reliablity 40 grain round nose seems to be the ticket

Plus a scrubbing of chamber then spin the chamber with 0000 steel wool wrapped around bore brush helps with smoothing chamber and keep carbon ring at bay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've taken out my CP33 to the range several times. Each time I've had several failure-to-feed problems. Most of the time its stripping the 1st round off of a magazine, sometime its in the middle of a magazine.
I always check for the nice tick-tock, zig-zag cartridge pattern in both sides of the quad stack magazine - so I'm very confident its not rim locking.
The problem manifests itself in 2 ways.. the bolt won't close, it just stops as it hits the first round (bizzare right?), 2nd issue is that the round doesn't find the barrel. it just jams up at a 45 deg angle instead of feeding into the barrel.
It seems to do this on both mags. It seems to do this clean or after a few hundred rounds.

This gun is a tack driver. Very accurate. I really want to like it. But I can't use it in 22LR competitions if it fails-to-feed on a regular basis.

Looking for other's experience and possibly some recommendations.

Thanks,
Dave
22lr swell in the weather and in the manufacturing process. Check your rounds in a revolver if the rounds do not fit in the cylinder, it will never cycle in your mag. It's a pain but it works. I buy cheap 22lr rounds that's the price of saving money, more work. Not sure if expensive rounds don't have the same problem. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT

21 - 22 of 22 Posts