CP33 color options so far?

Discussion in 'CP33 22 LR Semi-auto Pistol' started by ThomasDDX, Jul 28, 2020.

1. ThomasDDX

ThomasDDX Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Anyone have a list of colors the CP33 has been produced in so far?

I'd like to pick up a burnt bronze but then I saw a PMR-30 in black camo and thought I might want to hold out for something like that.

2. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I have only seen black and tan or fde.

3. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Just saw a green on classic firearms

4. Cokeman

Cokeman Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Utah
    Sportsman’s Warehouse in Provo has had bronze ones for a while. Are you an where near Provo?

5. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I am new here. Just joined. Wondering if there is an option to limit the rounds in a CP33

6. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I know that might seem like an odd request but, I am going to Colorado for small game and grouse in September and they limit capacity to 15 rounds.

7. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    At first I thought seriously. High capacity is what this gun is all about. Lol!!

If you havent purchased yet maybe the p17 would be a better option?

If you have I havent heard of anyone limiting rounds.

I guess you could insert small wood dowels in mag.

Cant wait for everyone's ideas.

Uncle Dan likes this.
  8. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    First off thanks for the reply. Well, I have the Glock 44 but, wanted to use my CP33 because I have a Red Dot and more importantly the Farrow Tech brace. Puting a dowl in is a good idea. I might just give that a try

9. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I have the sb 1913 brace with holosun 407c. Love this thing. I have been trying to find someone to make a 10.5 barrel for it. I think it would end up being lighter than a ruger charger and the mags would be easier to stow.

If i cant get a barrel made than I will keep the charger and get a franklin armory binary trigger.
    That should be a whole lot of 22lr fun.

10. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020

11. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I have a Charger too. I put a pistol brace on it. It is great but honestly the CP is far more reliable. Not saying the Ruger is bad. The CP33 will just take a ton of rounds suppressed and keep on going. My only concern about a longer barrel is more rounds would be supersonic if you are into cans. I can shoot the CCI small game loads that are rated at 1300 fps and stay subsonic 90% of the time. My 10" Charger is supersonic with that load.

12. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I havent gotten into suppressors yet. It was going to be my next investment. Good info to know. Funny my 1022 when clean I'll run like a raped ape. Again havent run suppressed yet. Have you chrono'd the cp33 yet. Sounds like the 5 inch barrel is not get round up to speed. I

13. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Yeah ballistics by the inch shows about 100 fps loss out of five inch barrel. So they are practically standard to sub velocity ranges .

14. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Right

15. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    The CP is more reliable than the Charger??? I'd change ammo. I run a Charger SBR in competition and I NEVER get malfunctions. Having written that I'll probably start getting them now. But in 2 years no malfunctions. I keep it oiled and clean after every few matches. It stays so clean I've been thinking of cleaning it once a year.

I'd run the arm braced CP33 in competition but it's just not competition legal. If I changed nothing on it but had the tax stamp in hand it would be OK. My times are better with the CP33 and arm brace.

Edit: before anyone mentions it... I don't get malfunctions with the CP33 either unless it's dirty and I run really low velocity CCI ammo in it. For that it must be freshly cleaned and lubed. But normal ammo? No malfunctions with what it likes.

Uncle Dan likes this.
  16. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Yeah don't get me wrong my Ruger Charger is reliable but, not as reliable as my CP. Honestly the only failures I have had with the CP is a couple of dud rounds that didn't fire and some hickups putting the first round into battery. Now that hardly ever happens but, I have quick work around

17. Ben Jack

Ben Jack Member

Jul 3, 2020
    My favorite color for the CP33 is OD Green. Why? Bc thats the one I have

Attached Files:

tx-rvr, Uncle Dan and BJK like this.
  18. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
  19. Uncle Dan

Uncle Dan Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Guys,
    Just in case anybody is interested. I came up with a great solution to limit my mags to make them Colorado legal. The little steel rod that divides the two double stacks....I cut a piece of 1/4" brake line. It is made out of a plastic/rubber and the hole on the inside is a snug fit over that rod. Worked perfect.
    Dan

20. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas