Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah and with the ATF's new shenanigans their pulling 2021R-08. It's going to kinda kill this little pistol I feel....I know I'm going to be hella jaded if it passes(which I sadly think it will) so its going to force people to convert to carbines or throw away their braces. I bought mine for the mp7 esq feel. and racking another $200 into a 22 is insane. paying 5 bills for the gun was tough enough of a pill to swallow.
I know that is a hard pill to swallow but the extra $200 and filing the paperwork beats 10 years in Club Fed.

I am waiting to see what happens. I have a 9mm AR that I built into a Colt SMG clone but used a brace instead of going the SBR route.

·
Registered
861 Posts
" so its going to force people to convert to carbines or throw away their braces. "

That's one way to look at it. There are other ways.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
" so its going to force people to convert to carbines or throw away their braces. "

That's one way to look at it. There are other ways.
Other than "will not comply"? The new rules if passed will knock the cp33 out from the word go. First rule is must exceed 64oz's.....without ammo/accessories. Yeah not going to happen with this little guy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks like a good stopping point for the day lol. tired! just need to mill the extractor relief, some indexing slots for the trunion, thread and crown the muzzle, then parkerize. oh and dremel in a feed ramp.

What do you guys think of the profile? should we go thinner or is that an acceptable weight? It will lose a few more tenths of an oz with the threading and remaining ops left. profile is .510"

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks like a good stopping point for the day lol. tired! just need to mill the extractor relief, some indexing slots for the trunion, thread and crown the muzzle, then parkerize. oh and dremel in a feed ramp.

What do you guys think of the profile? should we go thinner or is that an acceptable weight? It will lose a few more tenths of an oz with the threading and remaining ops left. profile is .510"
A feed ramp has desperately been needed for the CP33. Looks great! A normal stock should help balance the extra weight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
silverback.....she's ready to test fire!

Still feels very lite! balance point is about midways between the front of the trigger guard and the end of the frame. and thats with an empty mag. willing to bet with a loaded mag it will be very neutral.

If all goes well hope to have a accuracy and function test report tomorrow morning. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Too bad the aftermarket extended handguards for the CMR30 won't work with the CP33. The CMR is a lot bigger. I have my CMR30 and CP33 sitting next to me looking at that. And I bet that with a better stock, you could add a little weight to the stock to help balance it if needed.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Makes an ugly duckling beautiful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Went and did a quick test in this lovely 90+ degree weather and climbing.

The less than ideal shooting setup lol

Setup at 50 yds. Took 42 rounds to get the damn scope sighted in! over 100 clicks off!

Only group shot with mini mag "target"

Switched to CCI standard velocity for the rest of the testing. This is a semi rapid fire group. Ignore the random hole from sighting.

One of the best groups of the outing

Oh yeah! look at that 3 in a clover. Very happy with this and as mentioned shooting platform was less than ideal.

.432" @ 50 yds with an autoloader....not mad at that at all! and remember this is a brand new barrel with only 83 rounds down the pipe. I'm sure with a better shooting platform and patients (it was hot! lol) those can be beat easily. So in short silverback she's a shooter!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
silverback.....she's ready to test fire!

Still feels very lite! balance point is about midways between the front of the trigger guard and the end of the frame. and thats with an empty mag. willing to bet with a loaded mag it will be very neutral.

If all goes well hope to have a accuracy and function test report tomorrow morning. :D
So cool! I cant wait. Now to find a handgaurd!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Too bad the aftermarket extended handguards for the CMR30 won't work with the CP33. The CMR is a lot bigger. I have my CMR30 and CP33 sitting next to me looking at that. And I bet that with a better stock, you could add a little weight to the stock to help balance it if needed.
How much bigger? Could it be adapted?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Did the feed ramp help the first feed problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Ok i'll play around with it this evening if I get a chance. Gotta take the kids to the pool. To hot to do much else.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts