Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a CP33. I only have about 200 rounds through it. I noticed that the bolt started to not lock back after the last round. I thought it might be a magazine issue but I tried two other magazines and it would still not lack back. I also tried to manually activate the bolt catch with the bolt catch/release lever but the bolt would not stay back. I took it apart and it looks like the bolt catch may have sheered off?
I’ll attach some pictures that I took while I was pressing up on the bolt catch/release lever and wanted to get your thoughts. Also, is this an easy part to replace on my own, not sure what it’s like taking one of these guns down that far. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
cp33
10 Posts
Yeah it snapped off, I recommend contacting KelTec for the replacement part, it should have hook on the tip that catches the bolt. If you have your manual its on the last page. If its under warranty and you are willing to ship just have them fix it.

I've taken my cp33 apart several times during customization and this part requires a near full disassembly of the clamshell, takedown is easy since its all just screws but reassembly is cumbersome to align all the pins and the tiny clock spring on the bolt hold open lever that is in the "feed ramp" is a pain to slot in to the tiny hole in the lever. If you are super careful you can pull this part out by only removing all the screws on that side and prying that side open just enough to slip it off the pin it is on and slipping the new one in while keeping the clamshell from completely coming apart. You have to make sure you get the new one slotted into the bolt release lever properly since they interlock. I'm not 100% sure but you may also be able to unscrew the pin on that flat head and do this the easy way too, worth a shot. In the manual its part 291, and the hammer interferes with it coming out the full way, if you press the hammer down it clears that bolt catch pin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the insight! Yes I was tempted to do it myself but I contacted KelTec and they recommended just sending it back so I dont void the warranty. Their customer service was on top of it.

It's a little disappointing a part like this broke with so little use but it happens I guess.

Thanks again for your help and your step by step guidance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts