Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a box of Norma Eco-Speed 22, the box says it's a 24 grain bullet going at 1700 fps, I haven't tested it yet but they're relatively cheap. The bullets are flat tips, though, so I guess we'll find out if those feed in a cp-33!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I picked up a box of Norma Eco-Speed 22, the box says it's a 24 grain bullet going at 1700 fps, I haven't tested it yet but they're relatively cheap. The bullets are flat tips, though, so I guess we'll find out if those feed in a cp-33!
Federal Punch is a flat tip, and they fed just fine.

FYI, that advertised muzzle velocity is usually from a rifle barrel, often a Ruger 10/22 (18.5") barrel...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, everyone!

This is my first post...so please be gentle... <grin>

Just bought a CP33 and set it up - a la "Demonstrated Concepts" (on YouTube) - as a cheek pistol. What a blast!

I'm gathering some chronograph info while testing ammo reliability, and thought I'd share my findings in case it benefits others on a similar quest... All ammo is for a 10-shot average using a Chrony at 10' from the muzzle; weather has been between 75° and 81° F, 70% to 82% RH and at 850' MSL. Reliability is measured by firing the remainder of the 50-round box from a 50-round magazine, rapid-fire, after velocities have been captured...

If you think this is helpful, I'll add other ammo types as I test them...

(and, yes - I'm aware of Kel-Tec's recommendation for "high velocity" ammunition with a bullet weight of "40 grains and up")

FYI, I've polished the feed ramp and installed the M*CARBO Mag Release, then cleaned and lubricated the firearm (using Strike Hold), prior to any rounds going thru it...and cleaned it after each ammo type.

AMMO...........................................AVG VELOCITY.....MUZZLE ENERGY.....EXTREME SPREAD......SUBJECTIVE RELIABILITY / COMMENTS

CCI Stinger 32gr CPHP........................1304 fps.................121 fpe........................49 fps.......................Zero FTFs / Zero FTEs; very reliable
Winchester Super-X HV 40gr CPHP....1010 fps..................91 fpe.........................298 fps (ouch!).........4 FTFs / 1 FTE in 18 rounds; crap ammo that I'll NEVER use again in a CP33
Aguila Super Extra HV 40gr CPHP......1102 fps..................108 fpe.......................60 fps........................1 FTF / Zero FTEs; reliable and less expensive than the others (FTF #48 of 50-rd string)
Aguila Interceptor 40gr Solid Point.......1205 fps.................129 fpe.......................26 fps........................Zero FTFs / Zero FTEs; very reliable; best numbers
Aguila Sniper Sub-Sonic 60gr LRN.......784 fps...................82 fpe........................10 fps........................Zero FTFs / Zero FTEs; surprisingly reliable but very low-powered

I'll be testing CCI Velocitor 40gr CPHP, CCI Clean HV 40gr RN, Eley Subsonic Hollow 38 gr, Aguila Super Maximum 30gr Solid Point, and Armscor 36gr HV HP next...

P.S. - It does seem to get finnicky (1st round FTFs) when it's not cleaned regularly! (when just plinking around)
Is the feed ramp on the magazine and if so how do you polish it? I use liquid dawn on the magazines with a toothbrush after each use.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Likewise norma shooting had a special on TAC22 in July. I got 1000. Haven't tried it yet in CP33.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts