CP33 Ammo Test & First Range Trip

Discussion in 'CP33 22 LR Semi-auto Pistol' started by Liberty4Ever, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I picked up my CP33 today, serial number M069x. Bud's Gun Shop provides an immediate gratification 30 minute free range card with every in-store firearm purchase, so I went out to the car, read the manual, familiarized myself with the CP33, and loaded both mags but did not insert them into the pistol. I then went back into the store and shot my new CP33 for the first time.

It was everything I'd dreamed it would be, and it was a lot like what KTOGgers imagined when we brainstormed how to redesign a PMR-30 to make a 30 round 22LR pistol, when we were waiting for the PMR-30 to be released many years ago.

I was surprised that the magazines fit as tightly as they do. They're nowhere close to being drop free magazines. In fact, it takes a fair amount of force to push them up into the grip and pull them back out. Mine are a friction fit. Maybe the grip is screwed together extra tight and I could back the grip screws off and blue Loctite them to keep them from backing the rest of the way out, or maybe the magazines need to be that tight so they don't rock and they feed reliably. When I think of a competition pistol, I think of fast mag changes. Then again, if you can run an entire stage using a single magazine....

I'll try some RemOil on the mating surfaces to see if some residual Teflon makes the mags easier to insert and extract. If that's not to my satisfaction, I'll probably use some 600 grit paper to make the mating surfaces less slick so they don't tend to stick to each other. Shooting a few thousand rounds would probably accomplish the same thing.

As others have commented, the magazines are much easier to load than the PMR-30 magazines. Kudos to Kel-Tec for that. Ktwm, was that you? :)

The manual shows a rim lock, which is easy to see in the transparent magazine, but it must have taken some effort to reproduce that problem. The first magazine wasn't too easy for me to load but they quickly became a lot easier. By the third magazine, I wasn't even trying to be careful and it's still difficult to imagine rim locking a round. It's a huge improvement over the PMR-30 mag loading. As easy as the CP33 mags are to load, I still think a mag loader would be nice because it's a lot of rounds to load.

I shot over 200 rounds of various ammunition and was very pleased with the performance and reliability. At first, I thought the CP33 was kicking the brass straight back at my head, but then I realized that it was bouncing the ejected brass off the side wall of the shooting lane and back into my head.

I did some double taps and triple taps and some 33 round mag dumps. They don't mind goofy stuff like that at this range as long as the rounds are going into the target and not the ceiling. There were some goofy long mag dumps but the CP33 ran like a Swiss sewing machine.

Kel-Tec-CP33-InTheBox-Right-20190405_165458.jpg

Here's the CP33 along with some of the ammo I tested today. I'd consider the 40gr CCI Mini Mags to be the standard ammo for the CP33 but I also had no problems running 40gr Federal AutoMatch and 40gr Aguila subsonic ammo, so it's not that fussy. The orange plastic box was some old unlabeled 22LR ammo that I had and I don't even know what it was. It had a CCI headcase stamp, so I guess that was before they switched to clear plastic boxes so it's fairly old. It was a bit crufty with oxidation. This was the second magazine I ran through the CP33 so it wasn't broken in and I followed the slide forward instead of decisively slingshotting it, and the first round didn't want to feed. It was fine after that, and the rest of the box of ammo ran fine after I had shot some other ammo. I'd call that initial failure to feed operator error on a new and unfamiliar firearm. I ran enough AutoMatch through it that I was expecting one of those bulk packed rounds to have no primer, but it all ran great.

Kel-Tec-CP33-1stAmmoTest-20190405_161517.jpg

The only ammo that I tried that the CP33 didn't like was the 60gr Aguila SSS subsonic. I was surprised it worked as well as it did. I loaded ten rounds, expecting it not to work. The first round didn't want to chamber, but the cartridge is mostly a long hunk of waxy lead. I dumped the round and quickly slingshotted the slide and the second round chambered. Those nine rounds cycled properly. The target was fairly chewed up by this time, but I didn't see any keyholes so I assume the faster 1 in 14 rifling stabilizes those long and heavy-for-caliber 60gr bullets.

Kel-Tec-CP33-Aguila60grSSS-InTheMagazine-20190405_160918.jpg

I tried loading another magazine but it didn't want to load more than ten rounds or so. The sticky lead was causing too much friction and I could tell the 20 rounds weren't going to feed, and they didn't. I had failures to feed, mostly because the bullet was nose diving rather than going up into the chamber. Those rounds generally bent and couldn't be used after the malfunction. Perhaps if the magazines were broken in and maybe had some dry lube inside them, I could get 20 rounds of 60gr Aguila SSS ammo to function reliably. I also had one failure to eject because the tiny low aspect ratio brass can easily turn sideways when trying to eject. If the brass was longer, it would have been a stovepipe, but it wasn't long enough to stick out of the ejection port. :)

Kel-Tec-CP33-Aguila-60grSSS-WillNotFeed-20190405.jpg

Again, I wasn't expecting the 60gr subsonics to feed or function, so I was pleasantly surprised that ten would mostly feed, and other than the single failure to eject the tiny piece of brass, whatever fed would function. I'm not holding the weird 60gr ammo against the CP33. That's totally not its mission, particularly when the 40gr Aguila subsonics were 100% reliable in my testing.

What's up with the California Prop 65 warning on the plastic pistol case? Hey California! The pistol that your government will never allow you to purchase uses lead which might not be good for you. :confused:

Kel-Tec-CP33-CaliforniaP65Warning-20190405.jpg

2. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

Might want to try a little paraffin wax on the mags & magwell edges as opposed to Remoil. Just a thought. Glad the new toy ran. Thanks for the review!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Liberty4Ever likes this.

3. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Boeshield is a wax lubricant and anticorrosive treatment developed by Boeing. It's mostly wax in a solvent carrier. It penetrates well and then the solvent evaporates leaving a thin hard wax coating. It's great to rustproof the top of a cast iron table on a table saw and other shop tools. It could be very good in this application too, where a thin coat of slippery wax is needed.

Badman400 likes this.
  4. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
    be careful with solvents around that magazine. the clear polymer is more sensitive than usual....Even rubbing alcohol should be avoided on it. detergent and water only.

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  5. mark40

mark40 Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats on the CP33 acquisition and thanks for posting your thoughts/range results.

6. circlehawk

circlehawk Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new toy Liberty and thanks for the excellent review. I'm really liking the idea of this gun. :likey:

7. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I shouldn't play favorites, but the new gun is always my favorite gun. I'm still accessorizing the CP33. I added a green Crimson Trace laser a few days ago and just added a Hogue 17000 slip on grip sleeve. It's not a great fit, like on the PMR-30, but I like the palm swells and pebble textured rubber grip texture. I'm looking for an excuse to go shoot the CP33 again, more for accuracy (within my limited means) this time. It's a crime that suppressors are NFA items that require permission to own. I'm sure the CP33 is a great suppressed pistol and would be even more fun.

Kel-Tec-CP33-CrimsonTraceGreenLaser-Hogue17000Grip-Left-20190413_195312.jpg

GearBolt and Badman400 like this.
  8. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

This will be a VERY tempting carbine!

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  9. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Okriii texted me yesterday to invite me to go shooting today. I got my taxes in under the wire last night and needed some industrial strength stress relief and this was just the ticket. It was a perfectly gorgeous spring day. We met okriii's coworker at a private range where I'd never shot. It was great. We had the place to ourselves and we shot all afternoon.

I took the CP33 for its second range trip, with the big goofy extended eye relief 4X scope this time.

Kel-Tec-CP33-Simmons4XScope-GreenLaser-HogueGrip-Right-20190414_201341.jpg

It looks stupid but it shot great. I like the 4X scope for shooting off the bench. I'd call that experiment a success. Based on that, I'm planning on getting a smaller EER scope, still 4X or maybe more, although 4X may be optimal for the 22LR out to 100 yards for all but the slowest slow fire. Any more magnification and the field of view is too small to easily find the target with a pistol. I'll also get some quick release low mount rings because I still want to plink with it with the fiberoptic sights so I need to get the scope on and off quickly. The CP33 is a hoot to shoot off the bench! I've always liked bench rest pistol shooting.

The CP33 continues to be 100% reliable. Today's only stoppage was a Federal AutoMatch bulk pack round with no primer in the rim. It had a solid rim embossing from the firing pin. It was definitely an ammo malfunction and not the pistol.

The green laser is much better in daylight than a red laser but it was so bright today that even the green laser washed out in the sunshine. It'd be great on overcast days or twilight. I'll put the green laser back on a defensive gun that would be used indoors and get a micro red dot sight, maybe with a quick release mount so I can quickly swap it for the scope or fiberoptic sights.

The CP33 and two mags barely fit in the plastic case that Kel-Tec provides. Any scope will necessitate a new case so I'll shop for a case with room for a few mags, a couple of 50 round mags when they come out, and a micro red dot.

Here's okriii reliably nibbling away a bowling pin at 110 yards.

Kel-Tec-CP33-110Yards-4XScope-ChewingUpABowlingPin20190416_144425.jpg

Here's the video:

Okriii's friend had a 100 yard long ten target run-and-gun course set up on the left side of the range. My only regret of the day was that I didn't run the CP33 on that course with the fiberoptic sights. There was ample opportunity, so that's on me. I love shooting redneck IDPA with a 22 LR. It's not really cheating because the only rules are 1) Don't shoot yourself, and 2) Don't shoot the guy running behind you with the shot timer, (no, not even on the last stage where the timer would still record your shots).

Okriii brought his SUB-2000, CMR-30, and some nice pistols.

I knew I was bringing the CP33 but I wanted to take some fun guns for the other guys as well as myself, and I settled on the RDB Survival and the 50 Beowulf AR-15. Both are crowd pleasers. Badman400 and I had run five rounds each through Woofie on the crazy whirlwind shoot in South Carolina back in January, so that big bore AR wasn't even close to being broken in properly, but it functioned fine. It does seem to prefer that magazines are loaded with the bolt locked to the rear. What a thumper! We sighted in the red dot and it was absolutely devastating on a bowling pin at a bit over 100 yards. It needs a cushy butt pad. I have a brass catcher but I forgot to bring it. Reloading my own powder coated cast bullets, it's cheap to shoot as long as I don't lose the brass.

All in all, a GREAT day at the range, and some much needed stress relief the day after Tax Day. Thanks okriii!

GearBolt, circlehawk, okrIII and 2 others like this.
  10. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Based on the bench shooting fun last Tuesday, I now have a Weaver 2.5-8X28 extended eye relief scope and extra high Weaver rings, which are the shortest rings that would allow this small scope to be mounted to the CP33 and not hit the rail or low profile fiberoptic sights. The Weaver rings are their Grand Slam quick release rings. I wanted to be able to remove the scope quickly for plinking or open sight shooting, and then quickly install the scope for long range bench rest shooting. I haven't shot the CP33 with the new scope yet, but based on targeting mailboxes and porch lights in my neighborhood, it's a definite improvement over the cheap 4X32 scope we shot a week ago. I think my neighbors are accustomed to my gun nut behavior, and it's a Kentucky working class neighborhood so guns ain't no big deal.

Here it is with the new scope. I removed the green laser but I left the short piece of Picatinny rail under the barrel in case I want to try something else.

Kel-Tec-CP33-Weaver2.5-8X28Scope-Right-20190423_001339.jpg

Kel-Tec-CP33-Weaver2.5-8X28Scope-Left-20190423_001614.jpg

I'll probably move the scope back an inch or two in an effort to keep most of the muzzle gases from depositing crud on the objective lens. That's a scope killer.

I'm eager to take my ammo can of over a hundred varieties of 22LR ammunition to the range to test functionality and accuracy in the CP33, probably at 50 yards but I'd shoot some 100 yard five shot bench rest groups as well.

If anyone is interested, the Weaver 28mm scope has an objective and eyepiece of 1.400", and it uses a Butler Creek 05 scope cap for the objective and a Butler Creek 03 scope cap for the eyepiece.

If not for some stupid anti-gun laws, I'd put a suppressor and a lightweight bipod on the CP33, at least temporarily, for some shooting fun.

I left a very positive CP33 review on Bud's online gun store this evening. Hopefully it'll go live soon. I already have my CP33 so I don't care how much I contribute to the demand. :D

On a sad note, I could easily use this scope on my PLR-22 that I've never shot, but now that I have the CP33, I'm not too interested in that nice PLR-22. Maybe when the new gun smell wears off the CP33.

PS - I just tried the scope moved back to keep the muzzle blast off the objective lens. The weight balances better over the pistol grip, but I actually prefer a muzzle heavy pistol to reduce muzzle flip. It now seems to naturally pivot backward at the pistol grip, which probably isn't conducive for best accuracy nor quicker follow-up shots. Even worse, as expected, the scope sticking out the back substantially interferes with my ability to chamber a round after installing a new magazine.

Kel-Tec-CP33-Weaver2.5-8X28Scope-Left-20190423_013549.jpg

I'll try moving the scope halfway between the two positions to get a little more distance from the muzzle blast, hopefully without totally messing up the ergonomics of chambering a round.

With the ends of the scope not aligning with the sights, I could have used the high rings instead of the extra high rings. A lower scope would be better.

The Goldilocks position with the scope's objective just behind the front fiberoptic sight seems like it'll be the best of all worlds. It's a bit awkward to chamber a round but not too bad, and the front of the scope seems well out of the blast zone. The lens is recessed almost an inch from the opening. The quick release rings make it possible to easily test these scenarios. I have some LaRue Tactical rail slot covers that I'll install to remind me where to mount the scope each time.

buzzsaw, Ken S and Badman400 like this.
  11. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I went shooting with a friend and we had another great range day with the CP33 yesterday. It was his first CP33 experience and he had a great time. Cheap ammo, no recoil, reliable and super accurate... what's not to like?

I cleaned the CP33 before I shot it the first time, mostly to familiarize myself with it. I didn't clean it after the last two range sessions. I finally got around to cleaning it last night. I was impressed by how clean it was. A blow back operated .22LR is usually very dirty but for some reason the CP33 wasn't. There wasn't more than a little light soot in the action and the bore was relatively clean too. It's a very easy gun to disassemble. Push out one pin and it breaks down into four assemblies. It's very easy to maintain. I'm trying to find some CCI Clean-22 ammo locally to see if the CP33 likes it (I'm confident it will) before I buy a couple of cases. I love shooting my powder coated cast lead bullets in larger calibers so I'm betting I'll like polymer coated 22LR bullets.

I'm also very pleased with how reliable the CP33 is. I was talking to a friend at the range and loading the magazine by Braille, not paying any attention, and finally managed to get a magazine that didn't feed. It stripped the round off the top but the round below it didn't feed because the nose was pointed down. I poked the tip of my knife into one of the slots in the side of the magazine and the round popped up and the rest of the magazine fed just fine. I'm amazed that these 33 round magazines feed so reliably. I'd imagine Kel-Tec's competition asking themselves why they couldn't make something like that. In particular, Taurus introduced their TX22 pistol at the 2019 SHOT Show and the CP33 stole their thunder. It must be hard to be proud that you finally increased the 22LR magazine capacity from 10 to 16 rounds, only to learn that Kel-Tec just announced a reliable and very accurate 22LR pistol with a 33 round capacity. It's ego bruising to expect to finish in first place, only to find yourself a distant second place.

Oh yeah. The CP33 trigger was sweet right out of the box, but after almost 1000 rounds I noticed yesterday that the trigger is now even nicer. It's very light with a very clean break. If only my pistol skills were better. With the CP33, there's not much excuse for not practicing.

Shooting at the indoor range is OK, but I'm looking forward to taking the CP33 back to an outdoor range where I can take my time, enjoy this nice spring weather, and bench rest shoot this accurate little pistol. Maybe do a redneck gun geek ammo test to evaluate all of the 22LR ammo types that I have.

buzzsaw and Badman400 like this.
  12. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Grand Poobah Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Georgia
    L4E,

I've got that same scope on a PLR-16 and like it a lot.

It looks like I will have to get one of these little toys. I have some CCI poly-coated .22 LR in red, white and blue.:spot: It doesn't say anything on the package about being any kind of special "clean" ammo, but it does seem cleaner than most, and doesn't leave a mess in the bore.

Darn it! I'm trying to spend less money and Kel-Tec keeps coming out with stuff like this, and maybe even available in the real world. I might pick up some magazines. It wouldn't be the first time I bought magazines before the gun. (With the PMR-30, I figured there might be a standard-capacity mag ban, before I could find one.)

buzzsaw

Liberty4Ever and Badman400 like this.
  13. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    If I had any criticism of the CP33 it would be the price of the magazines. They're awfully nice magazines for sure, and Kel-Tec is apparently very proud of them. They're $50 each on the Kel-Tec website. I'd like to think that they priced them so high to discourage hoarders and the street prices will drop when there is greater availability and the demand stabilizes. On the other hand, how many 33 round magazines do you need? Crazy mag dumps are fun but if I'm shooting for any kind of accuracy, the slide locking back always surprises me, not because it's so soon, but because it takes so long on the CP33 that I tend to forget that it needs to be reloaded. Imagine if you had a truck that has a 20 gallon fuel tank and gets 1000 miles per gallon.

As for Kel-Tec's capitalist plot to take all of our money... there should be a regular payroll deduction for a fund to buy Kel-Tec firearms. A Kel-Tec collection would be a much better investment than the Social Security Ponzi scheme. I never expect to see any of that. If I do, I'll use it to buy guns and ammo. :)

buzzsaw, Badman400 and tx-rvr like this.
  14. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Grand Poobah Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Georgia
    I like that savings plan. I think I will start putting away a bit per paycheck to save up for a CP33 and the possible future Kel-Tec CR33 rifle. In the mean time, the pistol would pair up nicely with my weird space gun, a Calico M-105.:alien: (Finally, a use for that alien smilie!) But even the CP33 is a little deficient in the magazine capacity department. The Calico magazine holds 100. It's the next best thing to belt-fed. Since this is an ammo thread, I will say that the Calico likes the CCI poly-coated .22, except for one round, that seemed to be out of spec. It wouldn't chamber in another gun, either. Fat bullet.

How many 33-round (or other standard-capacity) magazines does one need? Well, it depends on if and when they ban them, and how long you plan to live and shoot after they do, and the ruggedness of the mags. Magazines do wear out and/or break. Are they made of polycarbonate? If so, sunlight will degrade them over time and they will crack. If the standard capacity of a gun's magazine is greater than a likely future capacity limit, I like to have at least a dozen per gun. More if they're fragile, or if the gun is used for self or home defense.

A semi-auto without a magazine is just a single shot, and a pretty bad one, at that. If there is a ban, you might not be able to even get a crippled-capacity magazine for it. Remember Grendel? They shut down entirely after the 1994 Clinton ban. Need a mag for your P-30? Good luck... Would Kel-Tec make crippled mags for the CP33 and PMR-30? If so, how long? These pistols would be a lot less interesting with 10-round magazines. Without the mag capacity, I'd just as soon get a Ruger Mark IV, or remain content with my Mk II 22/45. My guess is that Kel-Tec would stop production of the pistols (and the matching rifles), and maybe, for a limited time sell permanently altered replacement magazines that could only hold the limit. Of course, the standard cap mags would have been snapped up as soon as any such legislation looked like it might get passed.

Over the past several years, I have actually bought standard and high capacity magazines for several popular pistols and rifles that I don't, and may never, own. I catch them on sale, and stick to reputable brands like Mec-Gar, Magpul, OEM factory, military contractors, and military surplus in good condition. If I get one of these guns after a ban, I'll have at least a few standard-cap mags for it. If not, I'll have some trading stock to maybe get what I want. To preserve their value, I keep them in their original packaging when possible, and treat them like collectors' items, unless I get a gun that uses them (e.g. my Beretta 92FS).

I remember when I bought my Glock 17 in 2002, with its 10 round crippled-capacity mags. At the same gun show, I bought three very used, pre-ban, standard-capacity factory mags for it for about $80 each. And felt lucky to get them.:wall: In the absence of the ban, these wouldn't have been worth more than $15 each, and of course, new ones would have been available for not a whole lot more, like it is now.

buzzsaw

Ernest Johnson and Liberty4Ever like this.
  15. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Buzz,

You're making way too much sense. This thread is about the dream of CP33 ownership. The reality threads are scheduled to start in July.

Magazine durability is a significant issue with the CP33. We think a lot about the 33 round capacity when we buy a CP33, but most of us actively avoid thoughts of the 0 round capacity paperweight we'd have when mags are no longer available. I'm inclined to do a little bit of hoarding of CP33 magazines. I'm waiting for a better opportunity. We're early in the life cycle curve. I paid a little more to get the CP33 sooner rather than later. I can wait on the mag hoarding. Maybe next year?

I bought a Glock 20 in 1993, just before the so-called Assault Weapon Ban went into effect and I bought a few standard capacity 15 round magazines for it so I wouldn't ever need to buy any 10 round nanny state approved magazines. I bought a few more when the senseless and unconstitutional ban expired ten years ago. I've always said that a 10mm Glock compatible 30 round mag would be very nice, and I've done a lot of carping about it since the 33 round Glock 9mm mags have been available. SGM Tactical finally made a good 30 round G20 magazine. I missed the initial feeding frenzy. They popped up again two days ago and I bought six of them and FedEx says they'll be here Tuesday. I was very tempted to buy the 10mm take down AR carbine from Just Right Carbines, now that I have the 30 round magazines. I'm actively hunting for a KS7. That 10mm backpack AR is a fill-in to satisfy the gun buying itch between gotta have-it guns, probably sometime between the KS7 and the carbine version of the CP33.

Even though I'm loving the CP33, I'll probably buy a Taurus TX22 when the price drops a bit. 16 rounds is less than half the CP33 capacity and the TX22's tilting barrel will never have the inherent accuracy of the fixed barrel CP33, but the TX22 does look nice in its own regard and 22s are just so much fun.

Badman400 likes this.
  16. TolusD

TolusD Active Member

May 20, 2019
    I was shooting USPSA 3 Gun and Steel Challenge actively during the ban years and all I had for everything I had was stacks and stacks of 10 round mags and a shitload of leg pouches to haul them all around. I used to keep them with a couple of snap caps in each and spend a couple hours of TV time a day just practicing mag swaps and reload drills. I'm fine with running 10, 10 round mags. I know how to practice reload drills and still have enough muscle memory where my current 17 round mags in my EDC weapon come and go in the blink of an eye.

Yes, it sucks to spend the entire break during 3 gun stages reloading tiny mags, but the practice is worth it and when you get really fast and really smooth, you get ooohs, ahhhs, and applause and that makes it worth a little bit more.

Ernest Johnson and Badman400 like this.
  17. WataugaQuads.com

WataugaQuads.com Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I'm so mad about the cp33 I only bought it because I thought it was going to have a 50 round capacity and I've searched the internet everywhere and cannot find the printed base plates.

Does anyone have a file so I can print my own mag extension or do we have to resort to cutting two mags and gluing them together

18. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I think it's kind of funny that Kel-Tec comes out with a reliable 33 round standard pistol sized 22LR, something that was pretty much considered to be impossible for the last few decades, and you're mad that they haven't immediately released the 50 round magazines for it. 33 is still a lot of rounds in that quad stack magazine.

I'm looking forward to reliable 50 round quad stack mags, because why not? I'm fine with the 33 round mags for now. I'd be happy if the 50 round magazines launch at SHOT Show 2020, concurrent with the uber-awesome carbine version of the CP33 that Kel-Tec had better be developing.

I don't think you'd have much luck 3D printing a magazine sleeve to expand the CP33 magazine capacity to 50 rounds. If the printed layers were horizontal (the natural orientation for 3D printing), the magazine spring force would probably induce a layer separation failure. It might be strong enough if the walls were extra thick, particularly if the extension was printed with the plastic filaments running vertically. I am tempted to get some longer springs and 3D print a thin walled magazine extension that's designed to be the form for a few wraps of fiberglass, or maybe CNC machine the extensions from aluminum or a tough polymer such as Delrin. Being the first kid on the block to have a 60 round CP33 (why stop at 50?) would be pretty kewl.

19. LotsaTiques

LotsaTiques Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hi All,
    Here's an interesting question I have.

Since the Keltec pmr30 and the cp33 mags are basically the same (dimension wise), but one being 22wmr & one being 22lr, if the 22lr round loaded in the cp33 mag could be fired out of the pmr30 gun?

I have both guns and my pmr30 gun will cycle (by hand) the 22lr round from the cp33 mag. I haven't tried firing it yet though. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Just to be clear, I do understand as I stated above that one is a magnum load and one is a lr load. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks a lot,
    LotsaTiques

20. Sworn 'Merican

Sworn 'Merican Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2019
    On your six
    Can't wait to try new CCI .22 Quiet Semi-Auto ammo!
    [​IMG]