Cp33 10.5 inch barrel

Discussion in 'CP33 22 LR Semi-auto Pistol' started by silverback, Jul 25, 2020.

1. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I have been waiting for a cmr version of the cp33. Recently I have been looking at ballistics by the inch and the 10 inch barrel provides very comparable fps as the 16 and 18 inch barrels. Ruger figured this out with the charger.

It would really be a light weight accurate package. The mags are compact and easy to carry vs the 25 round ruger mags.

I was thinking about selling my cp33 and stay with he p17 and ruger. Then I picked up the cp33 with 1913 brace and thought no way. This would be such a great compact 22lr setup.

I sure hope I can find someone to machine a barrel.

So if anyone has any sources please let me know.

BJK likes this.
  2. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    Well I have been sending emails to try to find someone to make a barrel.

I talked with kel tec and they said they had no plans for a cmr version of the cp33.

Do I guess it's the 10.5 inch barrel . I think it's going to be the best upgrade one could do for ro the
    Cp33.

Everyone who had put a brace on the great little pistols surely must have come to the same conclusion as I have.

I am surprised no one here had commented one way the other .

3. user name

user name Active Member

Dec 17, 2019
    The barrel is a simple lathe turning clamped in a two piece trunnion. Any gunsmith or hobby level machinist can turn and chamber a barrel blank for the CP33. Swapping the barrel is owner level DIY.

4. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    I'm interested in reading about your experiment and wish you well with it. But I'm happy with mine just the way it is. You can change my mind though if it works out as much as you hope it does.

5. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas
    I wish I could find someone to do it.

user name likes this.
  6. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    You might contact a gunsmithng school. Sounds like a good project for a student with you picking up the bill for the training.

user name likes this.
  7. silverback

Jun 5, 2016
    El paso texas