Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to snag a CP33 at my LGS a few weeks back. Finally took her to the range and ... I LOVE IT.
I had NO issues. I went through only 3 magazines worth (99 rounds) and loved every minute of it. The trigger is nice, light and crisp. The spent shells were ejected with force.
I didn't try the iron sights, but rather used a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, which dialed in quickly. I shot off-hand (no rest) and the accuracy was at least as good as my Ruger 22/45 Mark IV.

Now, the only potential source of frustration could possibly be loading the magazines. They made of clear plastic and are windowed for a reason. A few times, the quad-stack cartridges did not maintain the zig-zag pattern as I loaded the mags. In each case, I was able to correct the cartridge seating within the magazine without emptying the mag. I used an implement (pen) to shove the offending cartridges "in-line" and then gave the mag a gentle "tap" on the table to cause the cartridges to re-align. After one or two tries, they popped back into the 'zig-zag' pattern.

I would advise inspecting each and every magazine load to be sure of a correct quad-stack load. Doing this made my first range trip very successful.

·
Super Moderator
9,973 Posts
I've only had one or two rounds load in the magazine in a manner other than the nice looking quad stack. I read that the magazines are clear and there are little holes in the sides of the magazine to nudge the rounds into position, and I played with the concept to see what it'd be like if I ever needed to do it, but I never did. The few rounds that didn't look pretty still had the round above with the rim in front of the round below so I didn't try to fix them and they shot fine. I assume they adjusted themselves to the zig zag pattern as I was shooting.

The only ammunition that was problematic in my experience was the 60 gr Aguila supersonic and those rounds are mostly a big sticky waxy lead bullet. If I'd tried to shoot many of them, I'm confident they'd gum up the insides of the magazines.

I'm eager to shoot my CP33 with the new scope. I had lunch with a friend today who's been in South Korea for a year, and I was practically begging him to take advantage of his time back in the states to go shooting so he could try the CP33.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Other than loading the mags I love this gun. I'm selling my ruger mark 3 to help make my wife happy about buying the cp33. I don't know if it's the sights or not but I can shoot this thing at 75 yards at a small popper and hit it ever time. I couldn't do that with my ruger and the cp33 trigger is awesome. I'm shooting suppressed 100% with Winchester m22 subsonic with 0 malfunctions out of 1500 rds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts