Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I have my S2K (or will when it comes back from KT) I have been giving "covert" cases for it some thought. When I was looking at the S2K for it's foldablility (is that a word?) I thought---I don't need it as I have an M1A1 1943 carbine that "folds". So this is the covert case I came up for that. My thought is if I leave it in the car no one would give it much thought, even if I carried it around (I have a mesh bag with 4 tennis balls that hang on it also)

But of course the S2K does fold 10" shorter so I did get it, now I am thinking of what cases for it. I know laptop cases work but that would be something someone would love to steal just for the computer. What have you come up with?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I use this blackhawk sportster bag. I can fit the sub with a flush mag no problems folded. I have the RL sight, RL forend, a red dot and a foregrip. I have room for additional 22 rounder mags and I carry two of them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
17 inch laptop bags work great as thats what I use. My company gives them away for free with laptops so I also got one for free...SCORE! Has holders for battery and discs which turned into mag holders pretty easily really like it for a transport bag.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've actually been thinking that flute or clarinet bags would work perfectly for this unless you wanted to carry a lot of other stuff around on the gun with it. I've found several that are long enough but not quite tall enough to fit the grip in as well. Someone should do some more research in this area since, really, who wants to steal a cheap clarinet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine fits perfectly in the zipped computer pocket in my timbuk2 bag. Nice, because I don't have to open the bag flap, the pocket is padded and behind the main portion of the bag.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have seen some small tents in bags at some of the retail stores that look just right. The tents are non brand name so the small logo on the bag is pretty discrete. I doubt the tents would make it through a season of camping, but cost to much to invest in as a throw away. Been watching the thrift and salvation army stores for just the bag.

Maybe a bag from a horse shoe game set or badmitten set.

It's amazeing what people will lift if they can. Had a brother that lost a box of trash one time out of the back of his pick up in a mall parking lot.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, I was looking at the nice case a badmitten set came in at Bjs but don't want to spend $30+ just for that, so flea markets/thrift stores would be a good place to find something like that used and cheap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not cheap but, I keep mine in the hydration pocket of my camelbak BFM. Also use a 511 Tactical bag and keep it in the same spot. Padded and plenty of room in other pockets for mags and what.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After I got my G17 S2K 10 days ago I had to have the companion Glock 17, so I got that a day later. Normally when I carry a conceled weapon it is in my pocket or a holster, so either my Taurus .38 2" in the pocket or my Kimber compact aluminum in a holster. But with the Glock 17 being a bit bigger I wanted a covert case for it. This is one of the belt pouches that has the break away feature, pull the little tab and it "rips open". It can be worn on the belt or has a shoulder strap. To make it covert I picked up this patch and had the wife sew it on, so if I wear it you might just think I an an old fart with Asthma!

·
Registered
320 Posts
After I got my G17 S2K 10 days ago I had to have the companion Glock 17, so I got that a day later. Normally when I carry a conceled weapon it is in my pocket or a holster, so either my Taurus .38 2" in the pocket or my Kimber compact aluminum in a holster. But with the Glock 17 being a bit bigger I wanted a covert case for it. This is one of the belt pouches that has the break away feature, pull the little tab and it "rips open". It can be worn on the belt or has a shoulder strap. To make it covert I picked up this patch and had the wife sew it on, so if I wear it you might just think I an an old fart with Asthma!

lol love it! If they don't have asthma i'm sure they will when you pull that Glock out :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was thinking about a bag or case that says biohazard or something like that on it. Nobody steals biohazardous waste. I used to have to write "Medicine" on my container of coffee creamer at work so the whole company didn't use it up on me in one day but poeple do steal medicine so I'm thinking biohazard would be better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The reason I think computer bags are a very bad idea, especially for those that leave a firearm in the car, is that they're an even more tempting target for theft. It's a lot easier to get rid of a laptop and not as serious of a crime as stealing a firearm. With a lot of car thefts they usually smash the window and grab whatever bags or items look handy and inconspicuous.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As an old fiddle player, I was very interested to see if a Sub2K would fit in a typical tapered violin case (Al Capone style).

Bad news -- it doesn't. But if you got one of the rectangular hard cases that some violinists use, it would certainly fit in that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was thinking about a bag or case that says biohazard or something like that on it. Nobody steals biohazardous waste. I used to have to write "Medicine" on my container of coffee creamer at work so the whole company didn't use it up on me in one day but poeple do steal medicine so I'm thinking biohazard would be better.
If you search for a post from about 6 months ago by Senorgrande (sp?), he had a very nice hard case that made use of biohazard labels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts