Couple ?'s looking to purchase

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by roadracerx, May 6, 2009.

1. roadracerx

roadracerx New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Hello all im looking to purchase a P-3AT. Question 1 is what should i look to spend? question 2 any suggestions where to buy?

2. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    there is big difference in price depending where you are....check around locally first...second option is gunbroker, then there is shipping, transfer fees...bottom line base price is about 225/250 for blue...gpr

3. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    What is anything worth? what someone is willing to pay for it. Not to be a smart A, but them's conditions. Look 'round localy and see what they have and what they want for it. That will probably be your best deal. drive 500 miles for a better deal and the gas company wins. Unless you luck up and find someone trying to sell one that is probably your best bet. You will probably find most gun stores in your area will be with in a few bucks of each other. I would recommend buying new. The p3 is and "extream" gun. It is very small, very light. Because of that you have some restrictions like mag cap, grip, slide lock and sights. What you get is a gun in your swimsuit, bathrobe, short/tank top, back up to anything... It is a trade off, one that we have made and are happy with. Because it is not the tank that some guns are, treatment impacts them. If a s&w .38 is used you can look at it and be quite sure it will run for another 50,000 rounds. You won't get that out of a P3. If you know the dude (dudette) selling and the reason, buy from them, but if it is just one someone dumped on a pawnshop I would be leary with this gun. They need loving.

4. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    After taxes mine came to around $305. I feel that for $350 or less, the P3at is a great bargain. Good luck with the search.

5. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Depends on style/model $225- $325 I would not pay anymore than that. I paid $230 for mine 3 months ago before tax.  ::) OD green grip slide is blued.

6. jcp

jcp New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Around here it varies quite a bit form shop to shop (at least imo) $259 - $319. The 3AT's seem to be pretty readily available in my area right now. I've been to 4 shops recently looking for a PF9 and 3 of them had 3AT's, no PF9's to be found. I would say around here I'd consider over $289 to be gouging.

7. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I,d stay away from North of Tampa Area. I just saw two new ones and they were wanting $495 each. It's robbery here.

8. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Where is home? My LGS has one in stock for $269.00. I bought my PF-9 and P3AT from him. I personally would not pay more than $300.00 before taxes. However, I've seen used ones around here that were priced at $400.00 and more. The last place to buy one is a gun show. Some of those nut cases want $500.00 for a P3AT! My advice is shop around. You may have to order one from your LGS in order to get one. I know folks who waited two months on theirs.

9. tiburns

tiburns New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I am 30 miles north of Tampa. We have three LGS' in the area. And they all are around the same. Extremely overpriced. I really feel they are taking advantage of the situation. One dealer has removed the price tags all together. Easier to decide what he wants to get. Its really bad. I have to drive to Tampa, St Pete to find a price even close to payable.

10. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    In the Alabama area they are going anywhere from $265 to $315. Gunbroker is a option if you can find a reasonable FFL transfer cost.

11. mtuttle02

mtuttle02 New Member

May 4, 2009
    I paid $280 two weeks ago for a gray frame/ blued slide- there would have been something like a $20 cash discount had I drove to the bank. NIB Washington State LGS

12. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Bought mine two years ago in phoenix,az for $238.00 and can still get them for $250.00 :D

13. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Folks, do you feel like I do that there is a bit - just a tad mind you - of price gouging going on no matter what round or gun you want? Grrrr!

Went to Academy the other day for a box of .380s. There was none to be had. Thank God I've got about 200 at home.

By the way, I purchased my P3AT a year ago for $300. Saw them at different places for more. Like someone said, anywhere from $260 to $300 is fair in my opinion. If you come across one at that price, grab it.