Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. Is it just me (no foil hat), or does it seem as if there are alot of controversial issues happening all at once? Korea, Iran with the smokescreen of nuclear power for the betterment of their societies. Korea's "right" to launch possible intercontinental capable missiles-oops sattelite. Syria's snub to the UN over a cease-fire. The Mali coup. The Yemen army seizing the main airport.
These are just clips in my head of recent/random comings. And now we have the new blackpanthers calling for "booting up" and the white supremicists coming to Fla. Could we really be on the verge of a race war here? I would think that clearer heads would prevail, but what about the nut-jobs that live and breath this? My partner pulled up the article about the bp's and I actually looked around the office and said "crud, all my ammos home", it did make me stop and think that I was not as prepared as I thought I was---for anything.
I do all my mod work at my office/shop and realized I have two guns there but no ammo whatsoever. If someone were to come there (highly unlikely) to do harm the only things I have are a couple of combat knives and the axe. The axe was just a metaphor for "shape up or ....." back when we had employees.
Am I the only one not geared up at the workplace?

Didn't know if this would end up as a topic or a ramble, so feel free to move, lock, edit or delete if necessary. Thanks for at least reading it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have been thinking along these lines for the past month. I think the trigger will be in Israel attacks Iran. I don't think they will wait around for our permission to do so either. I saw the last of the week that the Navy is sending another Carrier group to the Persian Gulf. I don't ware a tin hat either. Just too many things happening at once.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I've been thinking along the same lines. Unfortunately, my work place has a strict "no weapons" policy. So I'm stuck with what I smuggle in my pockets and what I keep in my car.

I'm about 75% done with a "Three Day Bug Out Kit" that lives in the trunk of my car. Complete with spare magazines of my daily carry and a couple of 100rd boxes of extra ammo. I'm hoping that, since I only work 4.2 miles from the house, that this will be enough to get me home to my full kits or, worst case scenario, will allow me to bug out to somewhere else for hunkering down.

As you've said... there's just too much happening at once, and eventually, it's all going to come to a boil.

Cy

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I forgot to mention, my work place let's me carry all the time. So I have 2 with me at all times.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. It does seem like the perfect storm is brewing. One thing that you didn't mention was the cost of gas. It seems to be going up no matter what, but throw in a Gulf hurricane or a skirmish between Isreal and Iran, and I bet it really gets up there quick. When the people that do work can't afford to drive to work, there will be some SHTF.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's mine and my partners business, so I gets to be fully armed at all times. Just never crossed my mind of a daylight episode at a warehouse until today. Same thing, I'm out in the "field" all day, only at the shop when we cut jobs and that's usually only til noon or so. Felt pretty naked today all of a sudden.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
It seems that we ALL agree that it is OK, and a good thing, to be aware of our immediate surroundings ,as most of us here carry a weapon, just in case we need to protect ourselves or our immediate family when at home or shopping, eating out etc.

But, how about we all need to be aware of the things that are going on around us at a distance? Like the things Paul mentioned above, and I could add a few more (Iran will stop supply of oil to Greece) .So what corner exactly will SHTF come from around?
Your guess is as good as mine. Who cares what corner. It will still be SHTF.
Now am I paranoid ?
No, just aware of whats happening around the globe. Just aware.

My $.02, Like Uniongap said, is when Isreal goes after Iran. Things in USA are poised for anarchy and chaos. Hope not , but looks that way to me.

Jim

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
It's mine and my partners business, so I gets to be fully armed at all times. Just never crossed my mind of a daylight episode at a warehouse until today. Same thing, I'm out in the "field" all day, only at the shop when we cut jobs and that's usually only til noon or so. Felt pretty naked today all of a sudden.
I always left mine in the car, until a shooting happened about 5 miles from where I work, at an almost identical type of work place (same security, same work type, same type of people, etc... basically a rival company in the same market/field)

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/121092930947110.xml&coll=1

Since then, our signs still say "No Weapons Allowed", but it's become a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" kind of policy with a few of us.

Being in a secure building had given me a false sense of security... that incident was very much a wake up call.

Cy

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems that we ALL agree that it is OK, and a good thing, to be aware of our immediate surroundings ,as most of us here carry a weapon, just in case we need to protect ourselves or our immediate family when at home or shopping, eating out etc.

But, how about we all need to be aware of the things that are going on around us at a distance? Like the things Paul mentioned above, and I could add a few more (Iran will stop supply of oil to Greece) .So what corner exactly will SHTF come from around?
Your guess is as good as mine. Who cares what corner. It will still be SHTF.
Now am I paranoid ?
No, just aware of whats happening around the globe. Just aware.

My $.02, Like Uniongap said, is when Isreal goes after Iran. Things in USA are poised for anarchy and chaos. Hope not , but looks that way to me.

Jim
I know we had this before--- rally point?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I have to carry at work so I always have my 226 and P3at on me. Not to mention my vest and the toys in the trunk. ;)

I've been wondering the same thing, there really seems to be quite a few "powder kegs" around the world right now. Part of me thinks we should mind our own business and get our house in order. But I know that we can't or won't stay out of a major conflict. It won't hurt to be prepared but I don't think I will be on that preppers show any time soon.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think the trigger will be in Israel attacks Iran. I don't think they will wait around for our permission to do so either.
Barry put Israel out on a limb when he suggested returning to pre 67 borders. That set the stage for whatever happens IMO. I think they have the "go it alone" idea now. I don't look for any help from Washington if the make the move.

·
Registered
111 Posts
SHTF will never happen.

But, the military complex can't stand peace. So, we'll be attacked by som UFO flying alien zombie vampire werewolf like creatures, then hand over UFO war control to the UN, and finally unite the world to build the biggest united military earth defense force ever, including a world space defense force. Damn UFO's don't stand a chance!
Anyone that resists UN control will be systematically captured and eaten by the enemy aliens(sounds much better than going to Stalag 17 or a gulag in siberia). The media will call them POW's and MIA's.

Stockpile beer. You can't drink firearms or ammo.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Since then, our signs still say "No Weapons Allowed", but it's become a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" kind of policy with a few of us.

Being in a secure building had given me a false sense of security... that incident was very much a wake up call.
Cy
100% legal for church carry in Missouri but it is definitely "Don't Ask Don't Tell." As to security or a secure building, they really don't exist. I still remember when you churches were considered "secure." No more---that's for sure.

Barry put Israel out on a limb when he suggested returning to pre 67 borders. That set the stage for whatever happens IMO. I think they have the "go it alone" idea now. I don't look for any help from Washington if the make the move.
I agree. The president's lack of experience and gravitas is really showing more and more lately. It seems that he had enough experience to get him through 18-24 months but not 48 months. He's out of his element at this stage of the game. If he wins in November, we'll find out what would've happened had Carter won reelection in 1980. When it's worded that way, it REALLY drives home the point that ANYONE is better than President Obama for another 4 years.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
If you're looking at the outcome of the November election as a "SHTF scenario" then you may as well stock up on everything and get ready, because we're screwed either way. Again, while Romney may try to put himself out there as a "2nd Amendment supporter," the truth of it is he's only a supporter of it so far as it serves his own interests - he did, after all, support the Assault Weapons Ban back in the day, and up until the major start of this whole GOP runoff game, he's had some pretty unsettling quotes that really don't serve as any reassurance that he's any better than Obama when it comes to firearms issues.

That aside, my "get me home kit" doesn't consist of a whole lot beyond my on-person EDC stuff. I'll admit I'm somewhat spoiled or maybe lulled into a false sense of security by everyday urban living. I keep two spare mags for my P11 and one spare mag for my SW9VE in my SUV, as well as a couple of flashlights, a couple of knives (an OTF auto and a folding replaceable utility-blade knife), a basic first aid kit, gloves, hats, a jacket, and the Nanosafe where my carry firearm resides while I'm inside at work (since our workplace also has a stupid no-weapons-whatsoever policy because they think one lazy, overweight, armed rent-a-cop can keep an entire campus "safe"). At home, I have some basic dry goods, a bit of extra water, batteries, flashlights galore, and a crap-ton of .22 LR ammo (and a modest amount of other calibers).

I am NOT prepared for an all-out societal breakdown, nor a "Red Dawn" type invasion scenario ... mainly because I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever (in my lifetime). I figure if anything like that DOES happen, I'm probably not going to last long because my resources and training are pretty severely limited ... and that's fine, really, because I don't have anyone else depending upon me, anyway (no kids, wife, or anything, just two stupid cats). The only real SHTF scenarios I can actually see playing out in my area, considering the geography and the demographics, are as follows (ranked from most likely to least likely):

1. Extreme weather resulting in widespread power outages and/or severe damage to neighborhoods (Monsoon weather here gets pretty crazy with "microbursts" essentially being small tornadoes, and everyone cranking their A/C due to extreme heat HAS overloaded the electrical grid many times before);
2. Major airline disaster in town (can result in major disruption of traffic, electrical, multiple fires, possibly looting and other silliness in the chaos, depending on where the plane(s) come down, because we have a LOT of air traffic around Phoenix);
3. Widespread rioting and/or looting (I don't think it would be a black/white thing here so much as maybe something most likely getting started over an immigration-related issue ... imagine the big final battle in "Machete" :D );
4. Disaster at the Palo Verde nuclear plant (if #1 or #2 results in prolonged loss of cooling power to PV, or something else random happens, I can see a Japan-like nuclear disaster being a possibility);
5. Zombie apocalypse and/or extremely fast pandemic (being that I work in a hospital, I'd be right on the front lines of this mess, and sorry to say but if it does get to a certain point of being completely out of control, there is a point at which it's better to get some distance from the mess before the area/region is quarantined or otherwise contained and you're pretty much screwed).

So, basically the only "SHTF plan" I have consists of getting mum, killing Phillip, picking up Liz, heading back to the Winchester, having a cold one, and waiting for the whole thing to blow over. Well ... okay, maybe not exactly that, but basically a less complex version of that (go home, hunker down with arms, and wait for order to be restored).

How's that for a slice of fried gold? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
MY take:

When Israel was in the greatest danger 1948&1973. Iran is such a nut-job, that a lot of people will calm down if Iran gets bombed. When the Jews rebuild Temple Mount, that will cause the Biblical Apocalypse.

What scares me at this time? Obama's playmates whom want a 100% liberal dictatorship. They are seeing that Obama won't win this fall, so they will most probably try domestic terrorism to force Obama to declare martial law or at least postpone the elections.

And it isn't just the Muslims whom worship Obama,either. The dirt worshippers, the anti gunners, The anti-hunters, OPEC, and yellow dog Democrats are among the most likely culprits. Furthermore, I believe the 'Fudd Gunners' are not 'the useful idiots' per Lenin.

I believe the Fudd Gunners will be used as a militia to disarm us of our semi-autos. But why only semi-autos? Mob rule has been used by various dictators since Roman times, as both tools of state-sponsored terror and state power consolidation. Remember the Reichstag fire?

Semiautomatic weapons are great mob killers, one guy with an AK can stand down a mob of up to thirty people. This gives the individual the power to successfully defy mobs. In turn, this threatens the power mongers by undermining the justification for their power grabbing.

Stay prepped, stay alert, stay alive, stay Free! This will be our country's most important in my lifetime. I am voting and I will not let anybody stop me in doing so my way.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The thing that really worries me is that a lot of places around the world are seeing that our money is not backed up with anything, and really is not worth the paper it is printed on. And that means that they don't want to take it in payment anymore (like for oil). That really pisses off the federal reserve which is owned by a small group of fat cats, so they are getting worried that their scam might not last too much longer. And when the fat cats get pissed they like to start wars. So, I see some kind of false flag attack coming that the fat cats will use to justify another war, and it might even be a war against us. Like they say "it's all about the money"!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
What scares me at this time? Obama's playmates whom want a 100% liberal dictatorship. They are seeing that Obama won't win this fall, so they will most probably try domestic terrorism to force Obama to declare martial law or at least postpone the elections.
Talk about suspending elections, anyone following the BS going on in Michigan. With some areas loosing the right to hold locale elections. And laws being past without the needed votes to pass.....

Some info on it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/rachel-maddow-michigan-republicans_n_1414982.html?ref=media

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that's what I'm talking about. It just seems that everybody is expecting/hoping for a final showdown. And with todays technology, unlike WWI and WWII(except for Pearl Harbor) we will not be out of harms way should there be a Third World War. Stocking up on beer is for hurricane aftermath to pass the time until you're allowed back on the streets to get back to work, not armaegedon.

·
Registered
595 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts