Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Re: Could not pull the slide back with sweaty hand

Two Pistol Packer said:
  One handed P3AT slide racking:

1: Place pistol with slide under four finger tips and thumb on mini-beavertail.
2. Push thumb toward fingers until slide is all the way back.
3. Release, and slide has been racked.

Everyone shoud regularly rack their P3ATs this way with either hand. You never know when you might need this technique.

Packer.
You are obvioiusly a very strong dude, Packer!!

TucsonMTB . . . who thought he had strong hands :-[

MAJ_Z06 said:
Take a picture of this please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 One handed P3AT slide racking:

1: Place pistol with slide under four finger tips and thumb on mini-beavertail.
2. Push thumb toward fingers until slide is all the way back.
3. Release, and slide has been racked.

Everyone should regularly rack their P3ATs this way with either hand. You never know when you might need this technique--AND it's a handy way to reset the trigger when you are practicing with snap-caps.

Here is the right hand with a 1g:

And my left hand with a 2g:

The tricky part is chambering the round. If you do it wrong, you may bite a chunk out of your hand.

Allow the gun to hop up slightly as you release the slide--then deftly catch it.

Packer.

Holy moses!! Remind me to not get into the visegrip handshake thing with you Packer! That made my thumb hurt! You probably crush full beer cans for practice. ;D

Mine is actually chambering when I release my thumb and leave all the fingers on the slide.  Is this what you do, or do you release the slide? Thaks for the pics. I did the trial and error thing last week, but that's what I ended up with. I just didn't think to release the fingers.

;D

Discussion starter · #47 ·

Thanks for the pics.

After carrying the pistol for a couple of weeks now I not only have found no problems with the grip tape, but discovered that it prevents the gun from sliding down to the bottom of my jeans pocket. With any modification you must practice and adapt.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.