Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the great reviews of corbon with penetration and the solid copper round I bought a few boxes for carry. this was abotu a month ago and decided to run the carry ammo through my keltec to see how it likes them. 4 round in I get no recoil see a flash but no recoil, I ejected the bullet and and the copper fell out seperate from the casing! Also I looked at my hand and found round unfired disk of gunpower that was all in my barrel and on the gun.

Now I am still going to carry this as the tests dont lie. But of the 30 rounds of corbon that I put through 1 not only didnt fire but ignited enough to burn half the gunpowder and not shoot.

And I stored the ammo in an ammo box that is air tight.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd also NOT use this ammo for carry, at least not this batch. If it had just a tad more power, this bullet would have lodged in the barrel, creating an incredibly dangerous situation - if you were in a gunfight it'd diable your gun.
Flyer

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
this is the second corbon failure i have heard about in as many months...seems like there may very well be a bad batch out there, probably bad primers, but corbon would know for sure.

either way they will replace it for you.

and do not shoot any more of that box.

let us know how it turns out. This is just one more reason to have an alternate plan. this is not the final solution, and goes to show that if it is not the gun, it can be the ammo or any other of a hundred factors....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Corbon is the most sensitive JHP .380 ammo to moisture dammage. Could be that box was sitting in a high humidity environment somewhere before you bought it.Other brands vary in sensitivity, but the only manufacturer that seals the ammo from moisture is Federal HydraShok.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Could oil have leaked into the cartidges around the primer? This is quite possible especially if the ammo has been in the gun a long time and the gun had too much oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.