Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my corbon dpx 380 ammo today. will shoot it for reliability tomorrow. It is really an awsome looking bullet by Barnes enought room in that hollpw pont to stuff a darn cat in it. I'm very impressed by the looks of the round and Barnes bullets are some of the best around. I think the combination will be a very good penetrating and mushrooming round. Corbon and Barnes says it will not come apart during penetration, of wood and steel-- so we willhave to wait and see some of the tests done on it.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I'd sure like to see some geletin, fackler box or wetpack testing on that. Got plans this weekend? ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TxCajun said:
I'd sure like to see some geletin, fackler box or wetpack testing on that.  Got plans this weekend?   ;D
alittle insight into the dpx 380. I went out this morning and shot 20 rounds flawlessly through my 380. Accuracy was really good. As My weapon produces smileys, this was no different with the dpx round. Minor and I do say minor deformation of the copper HP. But IMO it did not effect the accuracy of the round. Copper being soft instead of a perfect round hp hole, it was ever so slightly deformed. My opinion from shooting 20 rounds is I like it, feeds perfect and will be my defense round ...perfection is in the eyes of the beholder. Will be waiting for some GOOD test results from others. ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I sent a message to KT yesterday asking them if there was any .380 ammo that should not be used in a P3AT. Here's the response:

"Hi,

No Corbon and no MagSafe for sure. No +P or +P+ ammo. Only regular grade brass cased ammo.

Thank You,
Kel-Tec
1-800-515-9983
1475 Cox Rd
Cocoa, FL 32926"

Wow. No Corbon?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jojojo9 said:
I sent a message to KT yesterday asking them if there was any .380 ammo that should not be used in a P3AT.  Here's the response:

"Hi,

No Corbon and no MagSafe for sure. No +P or +P+ ammo. Only regular grade brass cased ammo.

Thank You,
Kel-Tec
1-800-515-9983
1475 Cox Rd
Cocoa, FL 32926"

Wow.  No Corbon?
did they say why to those brands, i can understand +p ammo to a certain extent, I wouldn't fire +p ammo in any weapon ALL THE TIME, but for protection yes.. very interesting though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bobo said:
Jocko,

How did you order your .380 DPX directly from Cor-Bon. They don't even list it on their web site. http://mysite.elixirlabs.com/index.php?uid=12665&page=1609

Did you order it over the phone?
i ordered it directly form corbon, and it was on their web site,  i have always bought my corbon direct from corbon.  at the time it was ordered, it was back ordered but they accepted the order and i got the ammo yesterday.  good stuff to.  IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jojojo9 said:
Man.  I messed that one up.  Meant to say I assume because of high pressure of the particular loads, but Corbon makes a non +p JHP you would think you could use.
i understand what you were saying, I also think kt was directing their reply's on corbon towards the +p side of their ammo. This dpx is not rated at +p ammo, and I am not sure any of corbon 380 is rated as +P . So maybe, they are referring to their 9mm and 40 cal ammo in the +p and +p+, which would make sense, as not to many gun companies come out with statements that say it is fine to shoot that higher pressure ammo..

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
jocko said:
bobo. go to their webb site again, it is listed right there in the dpx section, order number and all.  You can do it all online...
This is a copy of what I see on the web page - I don't see any .380, just 38 Spl.:

DPX 38 Spl.+P
110gr Barnes X
1300 fps/413ftlbs
20 $19.91

DPX 9mm+P
115gr Barnes X
1275 fps/415ftlbs
20 $18.66

DPX 40 S&W
140gr BarnesX
1250 fps/486ftlbs
20 $21.00

DPX 45 GAP
160gr Barnes X
1075 fps/411ft/lbs
20 $22.42

DPX 45 Auto Compact Gun Load
160gr Barnes X
1050 fpd/392ft/lbs
20 $22.45

DPX 45 Auto +P
185gr Barnes X
1075fps/475ftlbs
20 $20.30

DPX 223 Rem
53gr Barnes X
3300fps/1282ftlbs
20 $25.33

DPX 308 Win
168gr Barnes X
2600fps/2522ftlbs
20 $34.03

What am I missing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i understand what you were saying, I also think kt was directing their reply's on corbon towards the +p side of their ammo. This dpx is not rated at +p ammo, and I am not sure any of corbon 380 is rated as +P . So maybe, they are referring to their 9mm and 40 cal ammo in the +p and +p+, which would make sense, as not to many gun companies come out with statements that say it is fine to shoot that higher pressure ammo..

Jocko: I did limit the question to .380 ammo for the P3at. I'll email tham again to see if I can get a "Why".

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
OK... I figured it out...

They changed their URL that I had bookmarked, and started a whole new site, but they left the old one up. ???

Sorry for the confusion. :-[

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bobo,

Can you email me the link for the old site that you say is still up? It's supposed to be completely shut down.

I talked with a supervisor at KelTec today and I was told that they have no issues with our 380 ammo in the P3AT pistols. We specifically designed the 380 DPX round using this pistol as it's the most popular 380 on the market. We even use it for testing our JHPs, PowRball rounds and Glaser Safety Slugs. Our 2 Kel Tec pistols have several thousand rounds thru each one and we haven't experienced any kind of problems that would be ammunition induced.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
teamcorbon said:
bobo,

Can you email me the link for the old site that you say is still up?  It's supposed to be completely shut down.

I talked with a supervisor at KelTec today and I was told that they have no issues with our 380 ammo in the P3AT pistols.  We specifically designed the 380 DPX round using this pistol as it's the most popular 380 on the market.  We even use it for testing our JHPs, PowRball rounds and Glaser Safety Slugs.  Our 2 Kel Tec pistols have several thousand rounds thru each one and we haven't experienced any kind of problems that would be ammunition induced.
E-mail sent!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
teamcorbon said:
bobo,

Can you email me the link for the old site that you say is still up?  It's supposed to be completely shut down.

I talked with a supervisor at KelTec today and I was told that they have no issues with our 380 ammo in the P3AT pistols.  We specifically designed the 380 DPX round using this pistol as it's the most popular 380 on the market.  We even use it for testing our JHPs, PowRball rounds and Glaser Safety Slugs.  Our 2 Kel Tec pistols have several thousand rounds thru each one and we haven't experienced any kind of problems that would be ammunition induced.
thank you Mike from corbon. you have again set things straight for allof us. Sometimes the wrong people at kt are asked questions that they don't have an answer for but will sure in heh come up with one though. Thank you. Ilove the dpx round

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.