Cool b-day present for GF

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Hudispit, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I am a fairly new p3at owner and been loving every minute of it. to make a long story short, my GF wasnt really into guns that much throughout her life. she didnt care that i have and love guns but said she really would never want one for her own. i took her out shooting one day and i showed her how to shot the little 380. not bad she said. then i bought the works (ctc laser, mag ext. and trigger shoe) and took her again. she was consistantly hitting a 3" group at 7 yds. she fell in love with it. her b-day is coming up this week and i mentioned about buying a p3at for her for jokes. guess what she said? she said order me one up and she will order all the other things (laser,etc) for it. she now is going to get her permit and carry. is this a dream? now we can go take the dogs out for a walk and pull out our little kel tec and have a date. i thought when i got her to love my motorcycle was cool. what a girl. sorry for such a boring story but i am probably more excited than she is.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Count your blessings. My wife almost made me sleep on the couch 2 days ago when I told her I bought a Century c-91 308. I haven't told her about the Glock 17L purchase 2 weeks ago. Keep that lady you got.

3. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Cool, I haven't got a GF that likes to shoot, but my wife did buy me my p3 for my b'day. ;D

Welcome to the boards, lots of good folks here. Lots of good info.

4. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I've been trying to talk my wife into picking out a gun and getting her ccw permit for years. Its a no-go here.
    but then again, I can't get her to go trail riding in the jeep with me either.

Count your blessings.

5. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    There are many concessions to be made with girlfriends and wives. If you can find one (as I have!) that enjoys shooting then make sure you take note every so often and enjoy what others may never have. ;-) Congrats!

6. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    At the gun show this summer i bought her a snub nose .38. It's been slow going, but she likes it, and is getting better. We are still a way from a CWP.

7. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Count yourself lucky. My wife doesn't mind me buying and shooting guns, but I just can't get her into it.

8. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    My wife loves to go shooting, and she bought me a motorcycle. It's the best of both worlds!

9. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I leave a .22 rifle leaning up against the back slider. I like to blast squirrels now and then. Well, the gf started drilling them too and now I'll be at work and I'll get text messages about how she killed this or that. Yesterday she wasted a squirrel at 50 yards after I missed 3 times. I love it! Now she wants to go to the range and is thinking about a women's pistol course. Right on!!

10. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Good job mousegun! ;-) You injected her with the disease! lol I always love spreading my infection! Gonna do it this weekend with a couple more newbies! ;D

11. Kaiserblade

Kaiserblade New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Can you talk to my boyfriend for me?

12. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    He doesn't like guns???? :-/ :-?

13. Kaiserblade

Kaiserblade New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    He doesn't like guns????    :-/   :-?  
    [/quote]
    No, he likes them, but I don't think I could get him to buy one for me.

14. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Really? Why's that? He afraid you'll have more and better guns than you? lol ;-) My wife and I buy each other guns on a regular basis! ;-) Matter of fact she has more handguns than I do! lol

Seriously though! You're a dream come true for many single guys! You race and love cars! Not to mention it sounds like you have allot of knowledge on them! And you love and carry guns! What more could he ask for! ;-)

15. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No kidding, cars and guns? You could hint at one of those pink airweight revolvers for valentine's day...

16. Kaiserblade

Kaiserblade New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I already do :( he's working on that, though.

I got no use for a snubnose revolver... They suck to shoot and I have the KT for that purpose anyway. I heard of someone finding pink grips for a Springfield XD40. I would like that rig. Maybe that's my problem. I'm too picky.

17. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I run an XD40 also. You'd have to have the entire grip duracoated I think because it's one piece. I've seen it done on a PF9 and also a factory Walther P22.

18. dsw3131

dsw3131 New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    When I got my CCW permit, my wife, who had never expressed interest in guns before, suddenly wanted a gun and a permit for herself! Yeah! She's got her P3AT and we're still waiting for her permit to get processed by the state.

She doesn't like to practice shoot as much as I do, but at least I have a girl that isn't afraid of guns and likes carrying.

19. blackriflefever

blackriflefever New Member

May 20, 2005

Awesome to have a girl that is into guns, just make sure she carries it everywhere.

20. patriot07

patriot07 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    I already do :( he's working on that, though.

I got no use for a snubnose revolver... They suck to shoot and I have the KT for that purpose anyway. I heard of someone finding pink grips for a Springfield XD40. I would like that rig. Maybe that's my problem. I'm too picky. [/quote]

I'm not single...but please let me know when you are!

only kidding, I'm happily married, but I just can't get the wife into handguns. I only have 3 (so far) but I'd really like to get her a .22 pistol for fun. The only gun she really likes is my ruger 10/22.