Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

I picked up a multi-mag S2K in 9mm. I am converting it to take Glock mags. What all do I need to accomplish this? It is a Gen 2.

Gracias

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you got your answer 7 years ago:

I like my S2K but...
I am not trying to start anything, but that conversation was in regard to a Gen 1 S2K. I ended up getting rid of it. The Gen 2 are convertible (the S/N is on the bold tube/receiver now). According to Kel-Tec all I need is the new grips and a mag catch. However, I want to say that on M*Carbo someone had mentioned needing another part. So I was wondering if anyone had done this here. The M*Carbo forum is a little harder to navigate.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, ....its done. That was not fun. I had four issues. The first was the receiver grip screw head stripped out for the rear sight, on the right hand side. The second was the mag catch. The third was the trigger guard and spring. The final and most troublesome was the hammer bushing/hammer axis.

Number one was an easy work around since the entire receiver grip pin can come out of the rear sight assembly. The mag catch issue was solved by putting in a mag far enough in to hold the mag catch in place. The third issue just required patience and constantly pressing the catch down so that it couldn't pop up so the spring wouldn't get out of track. The final one vexed me for a while.

I would get everything lined up and ready to go but the rear of the receiver grip, under the receiver, wouldn't seal. I watched a M*Carbo video and saw the way the trigger bar rode on the hammer bushing. I realized that it could be pushed down further. I did that and finally everything went together and seated.

Once back together the hardest thing I had to do was cock the hammer with a long screwdriver. Would I do it again. No. Will I take it apart to add aftermarket parts. No. Would I send it to Kel Tec to get the work done. No. All in all it wasn't that bad, just frustrating at times. The only items I would like to upgrade now is the heavy, no recoil charging handle, and the bolt tube cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Preach. I didn’t change out Glock-to-Multimag, but I did have to disassemble my brand new Gen2 because the safety got stuck (pushed in a little too far and detent got caught inside). Man, that was an adventure. Six hours of frustration as springs went piiiiiiing! across the room and pins walked themselves out, but at least now I understand exactly how the gun is put together.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah, it's not fun. I did it twice but no more. Actually one of the prime reasons I retired the gun from competition was because I couldn't give it a good cleaning easily. I never wanted to get that familiar with it that it became a mere 2 hour period of frustration. My hat is off to the folks at KT who do it for a living. You couldn't pay me enough to go through that every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts