Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Converting Gen2 9mm from Glock to multi-mag.

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  130954 
#1 ·
I have gen 2 9mm with Glock mag. I ordered the parts to convert it over to multi-mag to use different types of mags. Are there any upgrades or changes that would be suggested while I have it apart?

#4 ·
I did the conversion last year. Watch out for the sear spring going flying as soon as you take the right panel off.

Took me a while to find it :D

Also there's a pin, kind of barbed, part #411, called a grip snap, that's set into the left grip panel at the bottom that I hadn't been aware of. I needed channel locks to pull it and then press it into the new grip panel. It's cheap cast metal, that's why I pressed it most of the way in instead of just tapping it, be careful with it. They should sell the grip panel with it already installed.

I hope you ordered both the mag catch for the mags you want to use and the mag catch base. The Glock base has to be changed because there's no holes in it to screw the mag catch in to.

Also expect the mags to be loose and wiggle around. That's just going to happen with a mag well that fits so many different mags. My Beretta 92 mags locked in just fine and worked perfectly, no feed issues at all, but there was lots of play and they didn't fit flush against the bottom of the mag well.

#8 ·
So I got the grips and other parts in from Kel-tec yesterday. Apparently, there is a bug in the website for parts ordering. The tan multi-mag was out of stock. When I ordered it I didn't pay close enough attention and because of the multi-mag being out of stock in tan, it added the Glock 17/22 version to the cart. I ordered on my phone and didn't triple check before completing the order. I called them and I am going to send the Glock version back and they will send the correct part after their break and once they have it in stock. In the meantime, I ordered the black multi-mag and it was shipped out this morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.