Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I bought my first generation P3AT when they first came out, and I am still using it without any modifications (other than a good fluff and buff). Has never failed me in any way. I actually prefer it over the newer model as I like the lines better and the original style extactor. JMHO.

Jim R

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've had a 1st gen for years. It has been totally reliable and no issues. I did the fluff&buff and ramp mod to minimize smileys and thats it. I shoot it better for some reason than 2nd gens...maybe the sights?

·
Registered
36 Posts
anyone got pics of the old vs new p3at? a guy i work with said he had on older p3 and when he shot it it bit his hand and sold it right after. I personally think it was his fault for not holding the pistol correctly but who knows. So whos got the pics?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
skifast said:
What should I be concerned about?  Any suggested modifications, if I buy the gun?
I like them.  A generalization, I think, is that they tend to be a little more ammo-selective (FTF/FTE) and have a higher incidence of need for a rampectomy (smilies).  They are a tad lighter, more aesthetically appealing (IMO), and I prefer their sights.  A handful of people to my knowledge, have sent them in for service and gotten back a new 2nd gen gun.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/smiley.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.