Concealed Concepts Pocket Pal Wallet Holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rosieK, Oct 8, 2010.

1. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Saw a discussion on USA Carry.com on the subject holster and upon searching KTOG I found a reference back in 07. Big question was whether this holster was not allowed under ATF/Federal Rules as an "any other weapon" due to its integrated design. Received info from Concealed Concepts attesting to its acceptance per ATF rules after examination by the ATF--so it is a legit holster. Pistol just fits into the one piece wallet-type holster with the slide/barrel fully exposed at top and two holes within the wallet--one for access to trigger (mag release is also protected from unintended pressure since it is within the recessed trigger hold), and a smaller hole to put your middle finger giving you great stability. Purchased one for the 3AT and I gotta say this thing is great. Compact, one piece with pistol, no withdrawl problem and holster moving, good protection against inadvertant mag release, no printing, very stable feel and, together with a bit of my own recoil padding below the hammer, it really minimizes the pain of recoil in that sensitive area at base of thumb. Very satisfied and invite you to internet search (concealed concepts-pocket pal wallet holster) for pix and discussion. $50 plus $4.95 first class postage--got it as quick as post office can do their job.

2. rvehock

rvehock New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Clearwater, Florida
    Here is mine with my 1st gen P-32, I love this holster:

[​IMG]

3. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    I really don't see it as a holster, it dosen't protect the trigger so what good is it? Adding weight and making it more difficult to grip the weapon in a hurry.

If it works for you great, that's why there are so many options out there.

CJ

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Apparently, the design of the holster is "borrowed" from the now defunct Holdster that had been around for years.  Not only does it not protect the trigger but it restricts you to a one-fingered grip, introduces the possibility of restricting the slide, and offers zero advantage over many traditional pocket holsters.  Ymmv but I see it as more of a gimmick.  :-/ 

5. rvehock

rvehock New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Clearwater, Florida
    I have fired my P-32 several times at the range in the holster with no problems whatsoever (no hang-ups on slide or lifting), so to each his own I guess?

6. cactus_jack

cactus_jack New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Exposed trigger in my pocket, no way!

7. CDW4ME

CDW4ME New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    I'm not liking the exposed trigger either. I'll stick with regular pocket holsters for my P3AT.

8. rvehock

rvehock New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Clearwater, Florida
    Never had a problem, to each his own ;D

9. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm with you brother. I've had a 'Holdser' for about 4 years with no issues, I don't use it everyday it works in certain situations.

I also use the clip which doesn't cover the trigger, also no issues.

10. jboze

jboze New Member

Jan 15, 2005
    I don't have one of these, but don't pull the dang trigger. It's a DA trigger, and it's gonna take a ton to pull that in your pocket. The belt clip doesn't protect the trigger either, but a lot of people use that. I don't see a problem with it.