Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To match all the P-11 malfunction threads:

Just this afternoon I had a no-kidding malfunction with the vaunted Glock 19! Took a steel dueling post out with a friend, a fairly experienced shooter. In moderately rapid fire the Glock 19 suffered a failure to extract and attempted a double feed. It required locking the slide back, pulling the magazine free against resistance, and shaking the open chamber vigorously to clear. Not something I would want to see in a firefight.

Three P-11s in the same conditions, meanwhile, were flawless with 10-round, 12-round, and 15-round magazines. Just goes to show ya it can happen with any semi-auto weapon.

Meanwhile, I have had my beloved Sig P225 since 1990 and more-beloved Sig P226 since 2010. The total number of malfunctions of any kind whatsoever for both weapons together since 1990, including several thousand rounds of all kinds, is - precisely - zero. Zip. Nada. Bumpkis. Now that is confidence for you!

·
Registered
541 Posts
To match all the P-11 malfunction threads:

Just this afternoon I had a no-kidding malfunction with the vaunted Glock 19! Took a steel dueling post out with a friend, a fairly experienced shooter. In moderately rapid fire the Glock 19 suffered a failure to extract and attempted a double feed. It required locking the slide back, pulling the magazine free against resistance, and shaking the open chamber vigorously to clear. Not something I would want to see in a firefight.

Three P-11s in the same conditions, meanwhile, were flawless with 10-round, 12-round, and 15-round magazines. Just goes to show ya it can happen with any semi-auto weapon.

Meanwhile, I have had my beloved Sig P225 since 1990 and more-beloved Sig P226 since 2010. The total number of malfunctions of any kind whatsoever for both weapons together since 1990, including several thousand rounds of all kinds, is - precisely - zero. Zip. Nada. Bumpkis. Now that is confidence for you!
Wow, never had a single misfire with any of my Glocks, 17, 26, 19, 29, 20 and 21. Of course, I've never had a single misfire with any of my Sigs, p239, p250, p226 either! And never with my p11 or p40 or the .357 sig barrel in my p40. Love them all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts