Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling scrap metal that had accumulated over the winter at my shop, I decided to go gun shopping. I was looking for a good deal on an AK47 when I stumbled on to this pistol. Being a sucker for old Colts, I bought it. It has 90% of its bluing left. Not bad for being built in 1917! I think I did pretty well for $300!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, man! I'd kill for one of those!:eek: I've always thought these old Colt pocket autos were among the best looking pistols ever made. They're supposed to be sweet shooters too. With 90% bluing, and assuming a decent bore, $300 is a steal. Conga rats on the find! :cool:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They had a Colt Pocket 25ACP that was really nice looking but they want $450 for it. That 25 is really tiny! Much smaller than my Taurus PT25. I was reading Wikipedia and they say the Colt 1903 was issued by the Army to Generals for many years! Now I have something to share ammo with my P32.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A guy name MrColt45acp on youtube has some good vids on the 1903, including one where he shows reassembly of a late Type V military model. The way these guns were stripped a reassembled was quite unique and pretty cool. This was supposedly one of Patton's favorite guns and was also used pretty extensively by OSS operatives in WWII. Not only a cool little gun, but also a long and colorful history.

edit: Thanks for the link to the review.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very nice! I'd love to have one someday. That's the pistol that supposedly inspired the Tokarev.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where do you kind these & other old guns, preferably in my local market, pawn shops?
I find my old collectables at pawn shops, gun shows, gun shops and I have bought old military rifles from the CMP. I found my 1903 at an area gun shop that frequently liquidates estates! You can check them out online at Jaquas.com.

·
Registered
823 Posts
buck. What a Great review of the pistol. Made me want one (plus I agree with everything he said about reliable, .32 cal pistols in general).

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Got to shoot a few rounds through her today! It worked perfectly and is very accurate!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts