Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Unfortunetely stuck in colorado...by conifer..Up to two Kel Tec's now..PMR30 and a SU-16CA..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Count me in as a Colorado Kel-Tecer. I live in Erie, just north of Denver. Used to live in Cocoa, near the factory and have a Sub 9, P11, P32, and as of yesterday, a PF9! Love my Kel-Tecs!

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm in Georgia, so I won't be there, but we have had some casual get to gethers with folks from Kentuckey (phido & pup), Tenn (Jonnin & Mrs. J), and Georgia (UnionGap & Mrs U, and me, Lop). We've gotten together a few times, with another planned for October. I'm trying to get JAB to join us, but Cy will show up for Alabamy, IL2 for Penn, and...Aw heck, here is a cut-n-paste:
So far, for sure is

Phideaux
Grandpup
Lop
Jonnin and Mrs Jonnin
Historybuff and son
Uniongap and Mrs Uniongap
Darthpaul
Toney_D
Technotherapist
Beastly
IllogicalmethodsII
----------------------------------------
Possibles are

JR37
3WBDriver
JAB

The point is you don't need a big 'sanctioned event'. Just get together and shoot or drink or shoot then drink. Just don't drink then shoot please. UnionGap & I meet by meeting at a gun show. We had a great time. We have so many folks in ktog, and such a big country that nationals (great as they are) are just not possible for many of us. I've meet about 50 KTOGers to date, and they have all been really neat folks.
So get to gether out in Denver and post up some pictures for the rest of us. You just might get some folks in Vermont or Wissconson to do the same. :D

Take care,
be safe,
and have fun.

lop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Having trouble finding a nice, inexpensive place to shoot in North Denver. Anybody got a secret spot? Closest thing I have found so far is in Fort Collins, but they want $20/hour/shooter... Thanks in advance!

Steve

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Having trouble finding a nice, inexpensive place to shoot in North Denver. Anybody got a secret spot? Closest thing I have found so far is in Fort Collins, but they want $20/hour/shooter... Thanks in advance!

Steve
Thats one of the problems with this place...I just shoot in my little yard... "inexpensive" is not a word often used in colorado!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in Erie, just north of Denver.

This was posted by harrygp in one of the other groups, but it is specific to Colorado. Online concealed class accepted by Colorado for $49.95!

I just found this online and wanted to share it here.

I am licensed here in Oregon and this is an Online Class that is accepted for the Training Portion of CCW in Oregon, Iowa, Colorado and Virginia (for now).

I'm not associated with it or anything it's just that I know many courses can be upwards of $200 and this one is all online for $49.99

Pretty good deal I thought (if you have no experience at all with firearms though I'd personally recomend a hands on class instead).

http://www.concealedcarryonline.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
Off to the Tanner Gun show at the Denver Merchandise mart. I'll be the guy in the black T-shirt if you want to say hi. :)

Wonder what will follow me home today!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Off to the Tanner Gun show at the Denver Merchandise mart. I'll be the guy in the black T-shirt if you want to say hi. :)

Wonder what will follow me home today!
Remember the beef jerky :)

The Tanner has been too crowded for me recently. The deals on reloading components are OK, but group buys or Dad's, or Elk Bomb are normally good deals without the crowds.

Be safe.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I found Elk Bomb via a Google search. I'll see about stopping by there next time I head up north. They don't have any of their prices shown online though.

I couldn't find Dad's via Google. Is that a local place?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I found Elk Bomb via a Google search. I'll see about stopping by there next time I head up north. They don't have any of their prices shown online though.

I couldn't find Dad's via Google. Is that a local place?
Dad's is an odd little place, but certainly worth a visit. If he has what you want, his prices are pretty good.

Dads' Wholesale
6321 Washington Street Denver, CO 80229‎

Elk Bomb is the go to place if you are into Dillon presses. They are a very nice business and the couple that run the place are top notch, decent people.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry for the two-month old bump *sadface at the Colorado thread being on page 2*. I live in south Denver, in Arapahoe County. I shoot at Cherry Creek State Park Family Shooting Center right now, generally only once a month.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Are any of my fellow Colorado KTOGers on this board: http://www.ar-15.co/forum.php

I am a member at WHAC, but like most of the club ranges in the Denver metro area, they have a wait list. Here is their web site: http://www.wildlifehunters.com/ They have monthly matches (more like events) that are open to the public. I am taking my son out shooting this Monday while he is home from college. Should be a nice 50 degree sunny day north of DIA.

PM me here if you would like to hook up and go shooting some time out at WHAC.

Be safe.

141 - 160 of 176 Posts