Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
haertig said:
[quote author=Jenshubby link=1213768125/105#117 date=1287991393]Glad to say that I am now a resident of Pueblo.
Welcome to Colorado!

Yes, we Coloradans need to get off our collective lazy asses and organize a shoot.
[/quote]
+1 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Burley said:
My oldest son is living in Denver . He might be up for a shoot too.
Well, heck!  Get him registered on KTOG and posting in this thread so I can add him to post #77.  I'm trying to keep that post updated with all the Colorado folks.  There are a lot of us in Colorado, but I have no way of knowing who might have dropped off and become inactive.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Burley said:
My oldest son is living in Denver . He might be up for a shoot too.
Does he actually live inside the Denver city limits???
If so I'd like to appologize for all Coloradoans for his overbearing governing he has to put up with their. :-/

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Burley said:
He is in the city (for now, might be moving back to Ks in a month or so  :-/)
I guess that means I need to get him out of the city and out to the gun club ASAP then! ;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just proposed this idea on another forum I frequent: we should start making plans now for a spring bbq/get together for us Colorado people. We could all meet face to face, eat good food, and compare guns/notes/etc. So...where would be a good middle ground? Denver? Just an idea to kick around.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Jenshubby said:
So...where would be a good middle ground? Denver?
I am all for a get-together.

I think the best "middle ground" would be the best range facilities for a group, where ever if might be located in the state.  I'll drive where ever...

I don't know of many ranges that could handle a semi-large group of people personally.  Up north (east of Ft. Collins near Ault) we have the national grasslands.  I was just up there shooting with my daughter two days ago.  There are no facilities where we were.  Just pull over off the dirt road and start shooting.  No benches, sunshades, restrooms - just flat grassland.  It's a great place to go if you're cheap, have a group, and want free.  Other than that, welll...  not my first choice.  Sean (a.k.a. "Ape" on KTOG) has a nice range he's a member of down south of Denver.  I shot with him there once and it was a great setup.  But it's a private range.  I regularly shoot with a friend of mine up near Idaho Springs in the mountains, but that's a private range too, and quite small at that.  Not really suitable.

I have never been to this range (northern Colorado), but the picture on the website looks like it would be good for a group:

http://www.pawneesports.com/

Go to the "Rifle & Pistol" link down the webpage a bit and there are pictures on that subpage.

I don't mind driving several hours to get to a good range.  I just don't know of any myself.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I'm up for a meet and greet/BBQ! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

My gun club can easily handle a large group as Dave mentioned, but they recently changed the rules to have special permission to have more than 2 guests per member. So I'd have to know in advance as to how many people so I can get the pre-approval.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Ape said:
So maybe we should have a Polar Bear shoot and greet with this snow?  ;D
Will be out your way in a few weeks. The boy got a job there and is staying for now....

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Burley said:
[quote author=Ape link=1213768125/120#129 date=1293839785]So maybe we should have a Polar Bear shoot and greet with this snow?  ;D
Will be out your way in a few weeks. The boy got a job there and is staying for now....[/quote]
Well let me know when it gets close and we can try and set somethin up! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Ape said:
[quote author=haertig link=1213768125/120#132 date=1294634302]Count me in for the Burley-visits-Colorado shoot!
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Sounds good to me!  :cool:[/quote]
Son is still in Denver an we have not made it out there yet (he came home for Easter/his birthday weekend too)  and I gave him a PF 9 ( will have to ship it as he flew) So when we get out there he needs some range time to finish breaking it in...  Might be end May or June before we make the trek  :-/
Won't be 5/21 as I got tables rented for a local gun show. Get something planned on a weekend around there an we'll do our best to make it out west

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like I best check in for the Colorado locals... Grand Junction here, originally from Gunnison, so I'm pretty firmly representing the Western Slope (I won't tell about my inlaws in Greeley unless asked though).

Hope the rest of the Colorado gang isn't melting like I am... :D

Leanintree

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Welcome Leanintree!

It's hot here in the Front Range too, around Denver. Definitely need the air conditioning in town. My daughter and I went up hiking today and it was shorts and T-shirt weather all the way up at 12,000 feet. Even above timberline on the snow fields with a nice breeze, "warm" was the word.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't I know it. The wife and I rode over Hwy550 to Silverton on Saturday (funnel cake trip!), and about the only comfortable spot was right on top of Red Mountain. Rest of the day was hot hot hot!
Leanintree

121 - 140 of 176 Posts