Collateral Damage - MY FOREHEAD!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by seattle_p3at, Dec 15, 2007.

1. seattle_p3at

seattle_p3at New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Had a casing bounce around the range booth and tag me in the head today - guess it's time to start wearing a hat when shooting the P3AT!
    [​IMG]

2. jocko

jocko Guest

HAIR would help :-/ :-/

3. NoahCount

NoahCount New Member

Aug 23, 2007
    He has a hair -- right above the wound ;D

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Come on Jocko - Hair ain't everything. We know you wear a motorcycle helmet. ;D

5. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I have had some shells bounce around like that but never to cause any harm. Looks like you will live though. I would def get a hat ;D

6. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    I second the hat idea.  You posted the pic so must have a good sense of humor.

My P11 bonked a few "young" shooters who limp wristed the piece.  When I shoot my Ruger 10-22 I shoot it left handed.  From a bench. I invariably get my right forearm tatooed by hot 22 casings.

I have also seen 380 cases from my P3AT bounce off the top of a covered position and bean the operator.

Your's is one of the more severe I've seen.  Thank's for sharing.

--Plex

7. brotherjethro

brotherjethro New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    I once had a .40 S&W case land on and melt into a glock mag, open end first, just like what happened to your forehead.  Now there's a melted smiley on one of my mags, but I guess I got lucky!

8. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Well, at least it probably cauterized the wound as it made it.................. :D

9. DoubleTap

DoubleTap New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    Ouch! :eek:

That's the good thing about shooting at an outdoor range. The P-3AT throws the casings into the next county, so I don't have to worry about them! ;)

10. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    That just looks like it hurts. I've had brass come back and hit me before but never anything like that. What's the world coming to when a guy has to wear head protection at an indoor range?!

11. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I have shot out a couple of range booth light bulbs with casings. The ones that attack ME always try for the, um, upper front area and I have taken to wearing turtlenecks in self defense! :p

12. David_the_Gnome

David_the_Gnome New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Wow, I never knew the P3-AT ejected casings with such force! I almost always wear a hat when I shoot but I'll sure to do so when shooting my P3-AT.

13. [​IMG]

If you ask me, it is just further proof that the little .380 casings do not have near enough penetration to stop any one!  ;)

Glad to have ya here Gnome... Glad no damage was done!

14. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    With a head like that, you should wear a cap 24/7 365.  ;D   Sorry, just kidding.  :)