Cobalt Boron Nitride Plating Update

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by sprinter1, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    We have added an additional step that makes it look just like brushed Stainless Steel. This also helps remove manufacturing machining flaws.

All orders placed in the last 2 weeks will have this added step and will be shipping next week. The new web site is almost complete and should be up by this weekend.

Sorry about the lousy picture, it really doesn't do the finish justice, I haven't been able to get a good even shot without the flash showing and the darker shades from it.

[​IMG]

2. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
    very cool...where is the website / price info again?

3. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
  4. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Very nice site Sprinter , l will be in contact soon .. hard to see in the picture but it looks like,assembly pin , extracter ,trigger axis and hammer and slide and mag....

5. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    If you are referring to the picture on the web site, that is various options and not all of them are available. I need to add some more clarification to the web site.

6. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Now that I've got my Jack F plated P3 broken in, it might be time to try something new for my parked P3. Is there an extra charge to prep a parked slide?

7. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Yes, it's $40.00. Thanks, I have to add that to the web site. If you order before I change the web site, I'll honor it :)

8. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Looking forward to getting mine back after the plating.

They sure do look purdy

9. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It should be going out this week :)

10. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Yes, it's $40.00. Thanks, I have to add that to the web site. If you order before I change the web site, I'll honor it :)[/quote]

Since it was my oversight, I'm going to honor it as "FREE" for a special until 4/1 for the removal of Parkerizing / Hard Chrome. I also sent refunds to the people that paid for it before the web site was finished.

11. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi Sprinter,

I have one pair of your pads and your grip on my gun, they sure help to make my P3AT a fun gun to shoot. Your plating work looks great and your pricing seems very reasonable. I'm curious about the shipping charges, are they additive? Like if I send in a slide and a barrel for plating I add shipping for both as listed on your site?

Thanks ...

12. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Sprinter,

On the P-11/P-40, I assume you remove the sights from the slide before finish prep and plating. Am I correct? Is there an extra charge for a new front sight?

Thanks, Al

13. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    peaceful, you should be able to remove the sights yourself before you send in the slide. The rear slides out and the front pops off. The front sight is reusable.

14. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It's calculated automatically for you ;)

15. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    We remove them and we use the old ones to place back on after plating. We actually prefer if you are sending in both the Slide & Barrel to just remove the Slide Assembly with Barrel and send in the complete Assembly.

16. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Nice new website! I see some CBN work in my future. Probably for my P3AT.

17. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I was looking for some technical info concerning CBN plating, but what I was looking it is not include in all the data already in your website page http://www.ktaddons.com/about.htm

Do you know the plating thickness?

18. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It is .0005".

19. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    I went to the website and didn't see a price. Is it a secret? Turnaround time? Warranty?

20. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas