CMR30 firing pin replacement instructions?

Discussion in 'CMR-30' started by RangeDaze, Sep 2, 2019.

1. RangeDaze

RangeDaze Member

Sep 2, 2019
    Newbie to forum here. Have a couple Keltec products and eyeballing others.
    Have had a CMR30 for a few months now and on a recent range trip got the click-no-bang. Noticed the firing pin was out of its normal alignment. Called Keltec and they're sending a replacement but,
    can't find firing pin replacement instructions, also Keltec customer support said they didn't have any.
    Not wanting to learn by losing small parts, etc. if that can be avoided.
    So, is there instructions on this forum I have not found? If so please point me to them.
    Likewise, or if the instructions are elsewhere on the web please point me to them.
    Thank you.

2. RangeDaze

RangeDaze Member

Sep 2, 2019
    OK, received the replacement from Keltec and decided to go ahead. To disassemble pushed out the roll pin near the bolt's ".22 WMR" stamping. The pin has a spring running thru its center that keeps the pins back except when stuck. Just 3 pieces to deal with the roll pin, spring, and firing pin.
    The firing pin is notched so when you put in the roll pin it will be oriented correctly on the bolt face. When putting the roll pin back in I used a toothpick as a slave pin to hold the firing pin in place against the tension of the firing pin spring. Had a board with a 1/2 inch hole pass thru, used it as a work surface to push the slave pin out into while putting the roll pin in. Pretty easy.
    I noticed the broken firing pin's fracture looked like broken cast iron, like crystallized metal.
    Hope the new pin holds up.
    Just my experience.

3. davidc1225

davidc1225 Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks for posting information on how you replaced the firing pin on your CMR-
    30. I have the same issue with mine and I don't want to ship it to KelTec and have to wait several weeks to get it back. I should have my replacement firing pin(s) in the next couple of days.