Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my CMR30 and I love it.

However, about a dozen mags in, the bolt stopped locking back on empty. I thought maybe it was just super gunked up, so I stripped and cleaned it. Still wouldn't lock.

Then my daughter found a tiny piece of metal where I had cleaned my rifle. The hook/spur broke off the bolt lock (I believe it's part 290 in the manual).

I bought my CMR for home defense, so I'd rather not part with it for a lengthy warranty repair, especially since everything else works beautifully.

Does anyone know if/where I can get a replacement part for my local gunsmith to do the repair?

My GS and I both emailed keltec, but neither of us got any response in a week, not even a "Sorry, can't do that," which is quite frustrating, infuriating, and disappointing to say the least.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
9,977 Posts
It's best to call Kel-Tec. Try as soon as they open in the morning, but maybe not on Monday mornings. There's a very good chance they'll mail you the part as a warranty replacement if you'd like to do the repair.

Reactions: Feddny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's best to call Kel-Tec. Try as soon as they open in the morning, but maybe not on Monday mornings. There's a very good chance they'll mail you the part as a warranty replacement if you'd like to do the repair.
Awesome, that sounds like a solid plan

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a PMR30 that needed some work and I took it by KelTec as I live close by. Left it there for work they called 30 minutes later for me to pick up. No charge. They have excellent customer service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was at Kel-Tec last week to get some Mcarbo parts installed in my PMR. I dropped it off went and had lunch. The work was done when I got back. Always excellent customer service. The showroom has been closed for covid 19 for a couple months but reopened last week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: they got in touch with both me and my gunsmith and are sending a replacement part.

I'm honestly impressed with how they dealt with my issue, even if I wished it could have been a few days sooner.

·
Registered
333 Posts
KT has good CS, I had to send my CMR in for work, 24 hours after I called I had a prepaid ship label and turnaround was two weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After doing some reading it appears that is the case and that keltec has made some changes to improve the area of question.
I contacted them and they sent me an email saying in part that dependent upon me furnishing evidence of purchase they would send a prepaid label to return it for repairs that won't be charged for IF I can show I'm the original purchaser, which I'm not and which I can't lay my hands on a purchase invoice, which seems contrary to the guys first comforting line-your keltec has a lifetime warranty.
IMO! It should be like Leupold scope warranty that it's a lifetime warranty regardless if you are the first purchaser of the 53.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts