Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well Just talked to one of the one of the techs. At kel tec.

Apparently he has never heard of anyone asking for a cmr version of the cp33. If the there was more demand than they would make one. If they came out with one I would let go of my 1022. It would be nice to have a pistol and rifle that used same great compact thin 50 round.mag. no other 22lr has that. I am not looking for pin hole accuracy. Minute of can at 50 would be great.

Well I guess I just have to keep on slugging away with two different types of mags, extra bulk different loaders etc

I will keep the faith as it really makes a great combination.

Super Moderator
More demand?!? It's OBVIOUS! I was hoping that the carbine version of the CP33 was scheduled for the now-canceled SHOT Show 2021, and we'd be seeing an announcement soon. To hear that Kel-Tec isn't even working on this is a gut punch.
馃槴

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It certainly is disappointing. I guess we need to call customer service. I use the tech option. The more we have people call in then maybe we can get some movement.

+1-800-515-9983

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Even if they just put out a cmr version of the cp33 upper that would be great.
You could switch from rifle to pistol as needed.

Oh the possibilities!!!!

Registered
For me what really made me interested in the CP33 was obviously the interesting magazine design but also the small package. If I wanted a longer barrel I probably would have purchased a Ruger Charger. I think a larger CP33 would be interesting but I would like them to do something interesting to the platform besides just drop in an out-of-place longer barrel in the small chassis.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I have a ruger charger. When I get the rest of my +17 mag extensions I will show you why I think a rifle version of the cp33 would be a great combination.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok I recieved my other mag extensions. I have four mags so that is 200 rounds possible

First wieght of mags empty:
Kel tec 4 = .55 lbs
Butler creek 8 x 25 roumds= 1.8 lbs
1 black dog 50 round,1 gag 110 round and one buler creek 25 round (185 rounds possible = 2.8 lbs.

The pics compare the compactness of the kel tec mags to the other mags and an example of mag loading equiptment.

I think anyone would conclude a cmr version of the cp33 would be a very convenient rifle. Plus if you have a cp33 it would make a formidable package.

20201121_171719.jpg
20201121_171633.jpg
20201121_171617.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts