Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
CMR
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my CMR, the seller cleared the rifle and emptied the mag. I ran the charging handle and pulled the trigger before I bought it. Got it home and the charging handle now pulls back, then the bolt sticks and the charging handle moves freely back and forth. To get the bolt closed, I have to pull the charging handle back all the way and pull down the bolt release, only then will the trigger work, then the next time I pull the charging handle back, the same thing happens. Something is catching the bolt and sticking it. Anyone else ever have this problem? Could just need cleaning, but wondering if there's an easy fix for it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
First make sure you don’t have an empty mag in there.

What you describe kinda sounds like last round lock back, it may be.

If it isn’t that, then the next culprit is probably the grip assembly.

From experience, you can improperly reassemble things when putting the bolt release back in. It appears to fit nice enough but when you function test with the grip off the receiver by lifting up on the bolt release it will not return back down by it’s spring.

If that is the problem correctly assembling the parts will fix this. How to do that is beyond what I can drop in this post, but search for some trigger install videos or the like 👍

·
Registered
809 Posts
When I picked up my CMR, the seller cleared the rifle and emptied the mag. I ran the charging handle and pulled the trigger before I bought it. Got it home and the charging handle now pulls back, then the bolt sticks and the charging handle moves freely back and forth. To get the bolt closed, I have to pull the charging handle back all the way and pull down the bolt release, only then will the trigger work, then the next time I pull the charging handle back, the same thing happens. Something is catching the bolt and sticking it. Anyone else ever have this problem? Could just need cleaning, but wondering if there's an easy fix for it?
Did you buy new or used? I haven't seen a new one (or even used) in the wild for over 1-1/2 years.

·
Registered
CMR
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used...found it just after it was listed and with about 5 others actively searching for one in my area, I got lucky to get it. Came with a Romeo 5 on it and a rail grip. Cannot wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just got VERY VERY lucky and purchased a Brand New in the box Titanium Model!!!! Price was even more crazier than finding it available LoL
How much? I've been seeing them online approaching $1000.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Your gonna be blown away!!!!! LoL!!!!! $619 shipped to my FFL. I also just got this barley used (90rds) Titanium PMR30 as well for $410 shipped to my FFL
View attachment 56383
Great prices, all right. My favorite lgs has a black PMR30 for $489 that's been in his case for 3 or 4 weeks. I have one or I might have popped on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I know where you can buy an all Navy Blue PMR30 for $450 shipped in Florida. The only reason I didn’t but it was because I found the Titanium Model.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I guess it's my Vietnam days, but all my Kel-Tecs are black and that's the color I like in my firearms. But I have one and that's probably all I need. I have a walnut Remington 870 for the only different color.

·
Registered
CMR
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They range from $599 to $700 on Gunbroker.com. Used they run about the same depending on what has been added.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts