CMR/PMR 30 Magazine Issues

Discussion in 'CMR-30' started by CIRUS454M, Apr 14, 2019.

1. CIRUS454M

CIRUS454M Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Hello everyone. I was unsure on where to post this so if this is the wrong place, please just move it to where it belongs. Thanks!!!!! I wanted to see what everyone is doing nowadays to remedy the issue of loading the CMR/PMR 30 mags????? I read somewhere that you can spray lubricant inside the mags so they feed better. I tried this with no change noted. I loaded 8 of the mags before posting this and WoW what a chore it is to re-load these mags. (It's been awhile since I last have done this LoL). I did the whole add 5rds, tap tap, add 5 more, tap tap, and still I was finding that it is really a pain to load them with the full 30. If anyone can chime in to a better way, please reply to this post!!!!! Thanks everybody!!!!!

2. wanderson

wanderson Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Nest loader from American Speedloader. There’s several threads on it in the PMR forum. Fast, easy, simple. Available from Amazon.

I’d been using their deluxe loader and it’s good too but took some practice. The nest loader is a no-brained and loads faster. Only downside is it is designed to sit on a tabletop while the deluxe works like a Maglula and can be used anywhere. So I load up with the nest at home and keep the deluxe in my range bag for any loose rounds.

And Magpul is supposed to be rolling out a speed loader sometime this year but I don’t think it’s out yet.

carwash likes this.

3. CIRUS454M

CIRUS454M Member

Mar 6, 2016
    I checked out the speed loader. Does it load the mag evenly so you don't get a FTF every 4-5 rds?????

4. Percevel

Percevel Active Member

Sep 25, 2016
    I really have not had any problems with either the customer me or cmr magazines.

I will occasionally get a misfeeds when using 30 gr bullets with the cmr.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. ElleInAHandbasket

ElleInAHandbasket Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I got a speed loader; injection mold plastic not the 3D printer variety, and I can load my mags quickly.
    My suggestion is to get spare mags and rotate them. I have a total of 9 mags. I loaded all of them and let them sit for 2 months full. I than took half the rounds out and left them that way for another month and now they are easy to load. I usually rotate which mags I use every 3 months. I also use a dry graphite lube on my ammo too, Really seems to work well.

6. wanderson

wanderson Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    It works for me.
    But I’ve found most of my earlier issues were just break in issues. And figuring out what ammo works and what doesn’t. My biggest issue was stripping rounds, the slide seemed to ‘outrun’ the mag. The more I loaded the worse it got. Then I mounted a Tandemcross rail and a See All sight and I’ve had NO failures since. I think the extra mass has slowed the slide down just enough.

7. TolusD

TolusD Active Member

May 20, 2019
    When I picked up my CMR at the shop, it came with free range time so I bought some ammo and tried it out. I was immediately turned off by the mags and how it felt like I was going to break the feed lips after the 5th or 6th round went in. They got SO much right on this gun. Why are the mags so awful? I bought 4 extra mags and they're all equally terrible. After 10 or 15 rounds, I have to press so hard that the round at the top of the mag gets dented by the rim of the round I'm loading.

I also have an HK 416d .22LR and it's mags have a loading tab that runs their entire length. You just slide it down as you load and it not only makes loading effortless, it relieves the spring tension just enough so that you can perfectly align the rounds even when the mag is full. They should have done something like that (Are you listening Magpul? ProMag?)