Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
cool, I doubt TolusD will do that as he doesn't do any 'smithing' on guns.
Guns are not that complicated. If you've done any kind of tinkering on cars, boats, houses, those skills are all transferable over to working on guns. With youtube and other resources, we all have giant libraries, way beyond what Andrew Carnagie ever imagined, in our pockets or on our desks.

I'm pushing 70, never owned a gun before the "mostly peaceful" protests, and I can do the Mcarbo change outs. If TSHTF, we all might need to know how to service our own guns. Now's a good time to learn about what's inside them.

Off to the garage now with Chris's video to do the CMR upgrades.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All you really need is the proper set of tools and a desire. All guns are made to be taken apart and reassembled. I think being in the military takes away that fear because there you do it so much it just becomes 2nd nature. I was Asst Armorer in our Aviation Section so we did it a lot and for fun. Repairs, inspections and replacements were common. I had a Vietnam Marine Vet as the Armorer and he was good. I am thankful for his knowledge sharing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think the point is being missed here. TolusD did everything by the book, the firing pin and all else was clean and I don't think he has an aversion to smithing. He just wants his entitled warranty repair.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
cool, I doubt TolusD will do that as he doesn't do any 'smithing' on guns.
though his problem is probably just a dirty firing pin, shame to send it to Keltec to be cleaned.
In your undoubtedly vast experience, how many dirty firing pins have stopped a weapon from chambering a round or extracting one? Your reading comprehension is the only aspect of your character worse than your manners it seems. I bet your parents were awesome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In your undoubtedly vast experience, how many dirty firing pins have stopped a weapon from chambering a round or extracting one? Your reading comprehension is the only aspect of your character worse than your manners it seems. I bet your parents were awesome.
lol, 50 years experience with guns, are you even that old?
Attacking my parents only shows your lack of respect, maturity and intelligence.
As far as I am concerned, you can stick that gun up your ass.

yes, I see you are 65 yrs old, so you are old enough to know better, warning issued.

·
Registered
161 Posts
lol, 50 years experience with guns, are you even that old?
Attacking my parents only shows your lack of respect, maturity and intelligence.
As far as I am concerned, you can stick that gun up your ***.

yes, I see you are 65 yrs old, so you are old enough to know better, warning issued.
You started the attack apparently without even reading the early posts, glue, so the maturity level is not very high on your part.

·
Registered
50 Posts
again, I don't really care about him or his gun and his whining about it.
He is on my ignore list, never to be seen again, I'm so over it.
I call him out for what he is, I don't need to attack family to gain an edge.
That's his style, and seems to be in fair play around here.
We all wait months for legitimate repairs because others send their guns back to be cleaned.

·
9,946 Posts
Not in a CMR but I did put the MCarbo ramp in my Sub2k. That polymer ramp is bound to chip or deform after a while, IMHO.
I have a 9mm SUB-2000 Gen 1 with over 10,000 rounds through it. I clean it every 500 rounds or so. That's it. I suspect the blow back action would work without an ejector or extractor.

·
9,946 Posts
PLEASE BE CIVIL.

Times are tough right now. We hang out here for some fun and camaraderie along with the shared firearms knowledge and experience.

Please don't imply someone isn't smart because you disagree with them or don't like their attitude.

Please don't make assumptions about someone's lack of firearms knowledge. Even if someone is ignorant, they're here to learn and we're here to help.

Before posting, ask how you'd feel if someone posted the same comment directed at you. If you wouldn't like it, they probably won't either. If you're posting to make yourself feel better by making someone else feel worse, you're in the wrong place. I think they do that on Facebook and Twitter.

If you find yourself trying to make a point by expressing an opinion about someone's mother... DON'T.

Speaking of mothers... my mom advised, "If you don't have something nice to say about someone, then don't say anything at all." That wisdom from a bygone era would make the entire internet a much nicer place today.

KTOG has existed for a long time because it's a friendly place. Let's all strive to keep it that way. A little common civility goes a long way.

Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I left this thread for one day and it turned into this debacle!? Good thing mom set us straight.

If you really think you're a gunsmith, build an ak47 from scratch. Bend the receiver out of sheet metal. Buy the kit with the chopped barrel, drive out the pins, pound the old rivets off. Rivet it all back together. Weld the extractor. Put the parts back together, grind what doesn't fit. Weld back up what you ground too much off... Sand a piece of wood on a belt sander to make the wrong wood furniture you bought for it fit. Tie a piece of bailing wire to the trigger, load the mag and insert, stand behind your car and jerk the rope.

(This is supposed to be comic relief, in no way am I endorsing people to do this. Although its a short version of a true story of building my first ak47 with not a whole lot of prior experience gunsmithing)

Long story short, I've ordered both upgrades for my CMR and will report how it runs when I get them installed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I left this thread for one day and it turned into this debacle!? Good thing mom set us straight.
Jaboom, I hope you don't think my responses were part of the debacle. Your opinion matters to me (sinse we're CMR/PMR brothers). Actually you could be my grandson based on our ages.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jaboom, I hope you don't think my responses were part of the debacle. Your opinion matters to me (sinse we're CMR/PMR brothers).
For life! Or until one of us sells it...that would be unforgivable

Ha, that comment made laugh If my grandpa was anything like you, we'd have plenty to talk about.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not likely. Way too much fun. (just five more posts to go by the way). Except you have 2 PMR's and I only have one. But I have 2 CMRs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
In my mind, you are because I went to the shop looking for a 2nd PMR and all I could find was a CMR. I'll trade you. Sorry to hijack this post.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts