Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently performed a trigger swap on my "wife's" CMR-30 and chose the victory trigger from Tandemkross. I'm not sure why I did this considering I think the factory trigger at ~3.12 lbs is something Kel-tec got right with this gun. Guess I was bored and needed something challenging to do over the holidays. After completing the install, I ended up with a slightly cross-threaded screw (6-32 BCHS) - the one just behind the safety selector thanks to the threads in the polymer grip assembly. This forced me to disassemble the grip assembly once again and clean the hole in the metal frame (part w/ serial no.) with a tap. Instead of taking a second go at matching the threads in the polymer to the metal frame, I chose to bore out the polymer threads just enough to allow the screw to pass through to metal to double-check thread alignment. Has anyone come across this particular issue with other kel-tec models? I'd be curious to know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No. At least not on my end. I’ve been in and out of the grip at least 4 times now for various reasons.

Trigger, replacement feedramp, MCARBO feedramp, and once because I didn’t function check the bolt release on my first try and had to figure out why it would work.

That doesn’t really help you on your ask but figured I’d at least provide some feedback / another data point.

You can have that part serviced / replaced but that is a hassle, and sound like you are back to a serviceable firearm already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts