Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of course I have a CMR 30. And after a about idk 100 to 250 rounds I noticed a nice looking gouging or scape markings above the ejection port. The ejected shells are hitting the top lip of the port. Also a nice wear/gouging on the bolt rails. The bolt itself where the rails ride in do not show any wear.

·
Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
On the SU-22, the ejecting brass was hitting the edge of the ejection port. Kel-Tec soon realized that this could cause reliability problems when the brass didn't cleanly eject, so they opened up the ejection port. I have one of the first hundred SU-22 rifles Kel-Tec produced. I simply looked for the small chips where the brass was eroding the ejection port and sanded away that edge of the ejection port. Erosion is a gradual process. I suppose this problem would have fixed itself after 50,000 rounds or so. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check the roll pin in your bolt, ejection port side behind 22wmr. The roll pin in mine is sticking out past the side face of the bolt, allowing the pin to dig into the rail each time it's fired. I've ran 2 mags through mine before seeing this and the inside of my upper receiver looks awful with gouges. I've sent kel-tec a repair request because I want my upper replaced with one that doesn't have claw marks in it.
20181208_134508.jpg
20181208_134508.jpg
20181208_134508.jpg
20181208_134508.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Of course I have a CMR 30. And after a about idk 100 to 250 rounds I noticed a nice looking gouging or scape markings above the ejection port. The ejected shells are hitting the top lip of the port. Also a nice wear/gouging on the bolt rails. The bolt itself where the rails ride in do not show any wear.
I just purchased a new CMR 30 and I noticed this gouging after 60 rounds so it seems they haven't corrected this issue. Mine is actually hitting the edge of the butt stock rail upon ejection and when my son shoots it, he shortens the stock and it starts making new marks in THAT location. Errrrgh! Oh well - other than that it functions like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts