Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here and excited to be part of this community. I'm the owner of a cp33 and most recently a cmr 30. Just went to the range for the first time with my new CMR and after the day was done and 200 failure free shots down range. It was time for a good cleaning, this is when I noticed damage to the ejection port and sliding stock from ricochet cases. Is this to be expected wear and tear or should I be concerned. Really love the gun and hope it stays problem free for the most part. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
FYI I used "Birchwood Casey Super Black Touch-Up Pen" I finally found and used to touch up the damage on mine to good effect. They also make a shiny / aluminum one I cannot vouch for. Regarless the latter cleaned up the look on mine well enough considering it will probably need repeated applications.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I haven't seen anything like that on mine. OTOH, I use my stock fully extended. Where do you use yours -- fully extended or less than that?

Larry

·
Registered
91 Posts
I haven't seen anything like that on mine. OTOH, I use my stock fully extended. Where do you use yours -- fully extended or less than that?

Larry
How much have you shot yours? I had four distinct areas of wear. Top of the ejection port, on the rail when fully extended, collapsed, and the first locked position.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've put close to 1000 rounds through my CMR. I notice one paint chip about 1/4" long on the top of the ejection port. No damage to the stock or other areas.

Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts