Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get a CMR-30, preferably new? I could order one, but none of my local dealers can say when it would come in. I check online several times a day, but only see them in out of state auctions. I've seen a few on FL gun trader, but they all seem like scams or are gone immediately.

I have 2 PMR-30's and a P-17 and love them all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try as hard as you can because the CMR 30 is the most fun shooting in my life! I even bought a second (used).

·
Registered
50 Posts
In correspondence with Vance Outdoors, a huge dealer here in Ohio, they say; "Keltec operations on an allocation basis. That means we do not place orders with them, our Keltec rep tells us what we can carry and in what quantities"
Auctions may be the only option now unless someone decides to let go of their problem child. I got my PMR-30 working nicely with a bit of work, it's all about the fit and finish of parts and smoothing out the moving parts, Mcarbo makes some nice upgrades as well

·
Registered
148 Posts
My used CMR 30 was apparently a problem child, but it was amazing what lubing and polishing changed (including the mags).

·
Registered
50 Posts
right on, my new PMR didn't work out of the box, working pretty nice now, about 3 hours of fit and finish work and the Mcarbo mag release helped, none of my attempts to shim that worked well, so bit the bullet and bought theirs, works as advertised and took 3 minutes to put in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im cross posting this reply in "Any Improvements from Kel Tec on the CMR 30"

Has anybody done the mcarbo ss feedramp mod on the CMR? Doesn't look difficult at all, just seeing if someone has experience with it.

Read some reviews on the mcarbo website. This is from "Sweetpo"

Watch the installation video on YouTube first!!! I installed it on a CMR 30. I made a tool, to put the spring in the hole, by cutting a notch into an old micro flat head I had lying around. Otherwise buy the tool that M Carbo sells. I shot 140 rounds at the range, after installation, and the carbine functioned flawlessly. Too bad it didn’t come from the factory like this as it was plagued with FTF’s and FTE’s prior to installation of the MCarbo parts. Thanks to Chris and the gang at MCarbo for making my CMR 30 great again!!

Edit

Also, one review suggested it required installing their upgraded ss mag release too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Having done it on 2 PMR-30's and watched the video several times, I feel confident I can do it.

The mag release is a nice upgrade, too. I'd recommend it. Like the video says, it does 2 things:
  1. It makes the release harder to hit by accident; and
  2. More significantly, it pushes the mag up just a smidge to encourage better feeding.
The Mcarbo upgrades are like taking a stock car made for the street and turning it into a stock car for the track. I'm not a paid promoter, just a happy customer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Having done it on 2 PMR-30's and watched the video several times, I feel confident I can do it.

The mag release is a nice upgrade, too. I'd recommend it. Like the video says, it does 2 things:
  1. It makes the release harder to hit by accident; and
  2. More significantly, it pushes the mag up just a smidge to ehttps://www.thektog.org/threads/exploded-view-kel-tec-cleaning-mats.274490/unreadncourage better feeding.
The Mcarbo upgrades are like taking a stock car made for the street and turning it into a stock car for the track. I'm not a paid promoter, just a happy customer.
Great, another $80 on my credit card..

But I appreciate the feedback here. I like when my guns work so i will spend a reasonable amount of time and money to make it so.

What else can I do!?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot, you could also change the trigger. I did it on my PMR-30's, because they came with the kits, essentially free. For the CMR-30, there is no kit, and it's piece by piece. To me, it wasn't worth doing that upgrade. The stock trigger is fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I want a CMR to pair up with my PMR. I live in California and there is one place that brings them in AND pins the stock, so they are Calif. legal. They still don't know when they're receiving any.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts