Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a PMR-30 and a CMR-30. I have the barrels set up on both to accept my SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor. There seems to be no detrimental accuracy issues on either rig. Lots of 1" groups at 25 for the PMR and several 1/2" groups at 50 yards with CMR. what does show up with the Sparrow attached is some unburnt powder in both guns. With the PMR you also get blowback in the face. The unburnt powder is more inconvenient than anything else. It's seems to get everywhere with enough shooting. The guns are a blast to shoot and my only problem is the amount of Ammo I need to keep these things fed.

Does anyone have any different issues with these guns and your suppressors? Does any suppressor out there work better on these guns with their unique gas/blowback system?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
My understanding is the factory does not recommend suppressing the PMR-30.
Good to hear you had good results. Maybe research why that is, I would have if you damaged your pistol...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think that damage to the gun is the issue so much. ITs more the debri that gets thrown on you as you shoot. Either way I've stopped using the suppressor on these guns. The CMR-30 is my favorite "Coyote in the yard" gun now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Blowback can be a problem with some cans but I've never experienced it.

That said, I'm heartened to hear that there is no damage to the gun (so far) when using a suppressor.

mbogo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damage with supressor

Since these guns are a combination of simple blowback and gas operation I would imagine there is a chance that suppressors could very well cause some problems in their operation and possibly damage so I guess my suggestion, now that I've tried both of mine with a suppresser, is that it would probably be a bad idea to do so. With that in mind I've discontinued suppressor use on both my guns. These things are two of my favorite guns for shear fun and I shoot them a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Excepting 10 rounds of CCI snakeshot, I've never shot my CMR-30 without the suppressor. MY rifle has a SN below 150 so it has gone through the usual Kel-Tec teething problems, but none that I can attribute to the suppressor. I'm using a Gemtech GM-22 that is rated for 22WMR. Initially, I was getting a lot of unburned powder in the receiver area. After a couple of trips back to Kel-Tec for unrelated problems it no longer has an unburned powder in the receiver problem. After ten or fifteen rounds you start getting a cloud of gun gas built up around the receiver, but that comes under the heading of they all do that. MY AR is much worse! I do still get a few flakes of unburned powder in the suppressor when I clean it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I only own a 9mm can but it works great on the CMR with no noticeable blowback. Make sure you are not using Armscor ammo if you are concerned about unburnt powder / debris. That stuff pelts me with crap in my PMR even without a suppressor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been using mostly CCI ammunition, with some Winchester thrown in. The reviews that I've seen keep me away from ARMSCOR.
The idea of using a centerfire can sounds interesting since most of the sound that comes out of my rifle is from the receiver. I put the same suppressor (GM-22) on a bolt gun and it is almost 'movie quiet'. I have a GM-45 suppressor that I will try to find a 1/2-28 coupler for.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've been using mostly CCI ammunition, with some Winchester thrown in. The reviews that I've seen keep me away from ARMSCOR.
The idea of using a centerfire can sounds interesting since most of the sound that comes out of my rifle is from the receiver. I put the same suppressor (GM-22) on a bolt gun and it is almost 'movie quiet'. I have a GM-45 suppressor that I will try to find a 1/2-28 coupler for.
Just remember to make sure it's able to be disassembled so you can clean it after using rimfire ammo in it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The GM-45 is just an extra large version of my GM-22 suppressor. It has a unicore baffle and disassembles just like the GM-22 so cleaning is no problem.
I looked on the Gemtech site and they do have a 1/2-28 coupler available. It'll be interesting to see how quiet that extra large suppressor will make the CMR30.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.