Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping there is enough interest to make this a sticky. Post targets, try to include distance, ammunition, and something to put the group size to scale (center to center measurement, a quarter, 1" gridded target).

I am very surprized with the accuracy of this rifle. The red dot on my target are supposed to be 1" they are about 1/32 short but very close. WW = Winchester, all groups are shot with no dope change in between. Optics used = Leupold 2.5-8x36 VX3i

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm hoping there is enough interest to make this a sticky. Post targets, try to include distance, ammunition, and something to put the group size to scale (center to center measurement, a quarter, 1" gridded target).

I am very surprized with the accuracy of this rifle. The red dot on my target are supposed to be 1" they are about 1/32 short but very close. WW = Winchester, all groups are shot with no dope change in between. Optics used = Leupold 2.5-8x36 VX3i
I don't have the pictures handy but mine will do that good at 100yrds....great little gum
Now if only I could get my PMR to shoot at 25 yards....or even 15 :)

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
Great thread. I hope it's stickied too.

No targets yet, but I was also impressed with the accuracy of the CMR-30. When okriii and I took our CMR-30s to The Quarry, we were shooting from a standing position with open sights and consistently ringing an 8" steel gong at 100 yards and were even more accurate and faster with the red dot. It made me want to put a scope on it and shoot it off the bench to see what it could really do. It's an awesome little carbine.

I bought about 20 different types of 22 WMR ammo a long time ago with the goal of doing some ballistic testing from the PMR-30 and CMR-30, but I haven't gotten a Round Tuit. Such recreational shooting looks like a pipe dream now. :-/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I can't reproduce this with consistency yet but I'm working at it. The last two times on the sandbags with the CMR30 I've gotten a 3 shot 100yd sub .5 moa group. I'm not about to consider this a .5 inch rifle but I'm not writing it off as total coincidence yet.

Both groups were shot with CCI maxi mag hps. The second one is from a cold, dirty bore and were the only 3 shots fired that day. The first one is from today and it was the third group. It was windy today (left to right) and the first 2 groups were being thrown around a bit. They weren't just larger horizontally thought there was about 1.5" vertical as well. Frustrated with the wind I finally ripped off 3 as fast as I could accurately and got that little .5" group. I'm thinking there might be a correlation in putting the front sandbag in the middle of the forend and not too far out. Got to experiment with that.

Hopefully I can get back on the bags one day when it is not windy.

View media item 1702View media item 1701

·
Super Moderator
10,101 Posts
I'd love to see the targets, but when I click the links, I get the following message:

You do not have permission to view media within this album.
When posting a message, you should be able to click "Upload a File" just below the text you're typing. After the images are uploaded, you should have the option to include thumbnail images or full size images in your post. Either should provide images that can be viewed with your post. At least, that's how it should work if you're posting from a computer. If you're using a smart phone or tablet or some other device, you may have different posting options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Designed for compact, lightweight, low recoil accuracy, the CMR-30™ features a single action trigger, bolt stop, ambidextrous safety levers and magazine catch similar to the popular PMR-30 pistol. It also uses the same 30 round, .22WMR magazine. A collapsible stock reduces its 30.6 inch overall length to 22.7 inches. The CMR-30 will redefine your idea of accuracy.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.