(CLOSED) Metal mag releases for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by DaveNC, Jan 17, 2010.

1. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I'm offering metal magazine releases for the P3AT, P32, P11 and P40 for $40 each including shipping. I have stainless steel stock for both types of release and I highly recommend getting the stainless version since they will not rust. All I have available is cold bluing and it will rust if it's not kept oiled up on a regular basis (weekly at least). Normally my releases are drop in without any fitting but each pistol is a little different so the customer might have to do some very minor fitting around the insides of the grip where the release contacts the sides. This can be done with some fine (400 to 600) grit Emory cloth. Do NOT modify (sand or file) the metal release.

The plus one extension and the stock flat base plate are ok to use and won't cause damage to the release. Some of the other replacement base plates (curved ones) will put excessive downward pressure on the release and eventually damage it. I just wouldn't use them. *

The only method of payment I'm taking now are postal money orders and bank checks (sorry no personal checks). Please send your request for a release to my dunamis1411@yahoo.com email address. If you send me a message on the keltec forum I'm just going to ask you to send your request again to the above email address.

I'm am now stocking the P3AT and P32 releases in stainless steel. I will ship the release the day after I receive payment unless I inform the customer otherwise.

I've had numerous emails from people that never respond after I inform them of the price. It's quite obvious that the average person doesn't have any idea how much work and detail goes into manufacturing one of these releases. They think "It's so small so why does it cost so much?" Small is what makes it difficult to fabricate since all of the grinding and sanding is done by hand. Most of the grinding and sanding is done with two fingers and then each release is hand fitted to a extra grip I purchased. I can guarantee if person was to take the stock plastic part to a machine shop or gun smith and ask them to make a metal copy the price would be double what I'm asking for mine and then your going to have to leave the pistol with them so they can check it for proper functioning. Sorry guys RANT over.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Re: Metal mag releases for sale P32,P3AT,P11,P40 $

FYI, DaveNC is a HUGE +1 from me. DEAL WITH CONFIDENCE, and I think anyone who has one of these pistols should have at least ONE of these.

My P3AT had a mag drop problem, no matter what I did. In 2 years, since install, I have not dropped the mag once.

3. Re: Metal mag releases for sale P32,P3AT,P11,P40 $

[​IMG]

Dave is an excellent KTOG seller and an ACTIVE member of this board!

4. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009

[​IMG]

Greenman says : DAVENC IS OK!

(STAINLESS)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009

Have this on my current P3AT and just ordered another P3AT.

Needless to say, money order heading your way today Dave.

This is one of those items I think should be added from Kel-Tec.  

Dave has a great product and I'm happy to send my second order his way.  :)

6. theduke

theduke Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Warminster Pa

I have these in both of my P-11s and both of my P32s. fits and looks great.

7. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009

Dave... Cashiers check sent today. You should have it Wednesday/Thursday.

Thanks Again
    Bob

8. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008

I've got a few of the stainless P3AT & P32 releases finished ready for new owners.

9. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005

bump for a great product

10. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL

These things are great! A must have upgrade. He got my money on Wed and parts in my mailbox on Sat.

11. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Apparently, these are no longer offered for sale.